Honored Contributor

I usd to get a ton of these when I bought a lot of makeup.  I also belonged to a monthly makeup club and each shipment came in a cute little makeup bag.  But, really, how many can you use?  I had collected so many and so much excess products that I had not used so before I retired, I packed everything up and took it all to work and and let all my co-workers take what they wanted.  Everyone really seemed to enjoy it and it was all claimed --- none went to waste!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

What do you do with all of those makeup cases you get as gifts in department stores?  

Working, I need clear cases since it's common to have your handbag peered into before you leave.  

Clear cases (which have to be purchased), also let me see what in the world I have!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Hey!!! I have some w/ perfume samples organized & labeled on outside, some that are not outlandishly branded I give makeup gifts in, my granddaughters love 'em, I keep my roller clips/bobbiepins, etc. in one, extra buttons that come w/ garments, safety pins/straight pins, great for jewelry if we ever get to travel again, makeup drawer has one for lipsticks/glosses labeled "MEH" (may check them out again, but not ready to toss yet)....Shall I go on? So many uses!!!! If I know they'll be always used for that particular purpose, I just mark contents on outside w/ a Sharpie. Have a wonderful weekend. Get Mr. @ECBG  to fire up the grill. 😜

Super Contributor

Pitch them.

Honored Contributor

I take them and free totes and samples that I have never used to the local shelter for teens.  They are thrilled! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

What do you do with all of those makeup cases you get as gifts in department stores?  

Working, I need clear cases since it's common to have your handbag peered into before you leave.  

Clear cases (which have to be purchased), also let me see what in the world I have!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   Hey!!! I have some w/ perfume samples organized & labeled on outside, some that are not outlandishly branded I give makeup gifts in, my granddaughters love 'em, I keep my roller clips/bobbiepins, etc. in one, extra buttons that come w/ garments, safety pins/straight pins, great for jewelry if we ever get to travel again, makeup drawer has one for lipsticks/glosses labeled "MEH" (may check them out again, but not ready to toss yet)....Shall I go on? So many uses!!!! If I know they'll be always used for that particular purpose, I just mark contents on outside w/ a Sharpie. Have a wonderful weekend. Get Mr. @ECBG  to fire up the grill. 😜

@Shanus I admire your organization!  I'm not that adventurous with makeup colors.  If I can find one I like I  keep it.  Too often I have picked out a beautiful shade and the intensity makes me look like Julia Robert's smile, which is great for her, too big for me!Smiley Happy

When DS is here tomorrow for his birthday dinner, he can help DH get the grill up on the deck.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
When my niece’s girls were young, I gave them to play with. Now I use them for my sewing/knitting/ crochet notions when I’m on the go and taking a project along.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I take them and free totes and samples that I have never used to the local shelter for teens.  They are thrilled! 

@Sooner GOSH!  I wish we had a service like that here for teens!  There is a real need everywhere!