Honored Contributor

What do you do with all of those makeup cases you get as gifts in department stores?  

Working, I need clear cases since it's common to have your handbag peered into before you leave.  

Clear cases (which have to be purchased), also let me see what in the world I have!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Right now I actually have two.  One has a flap over top w/zipper and the other one is regular.  I am giving both to my neighbor who always helps me out with some chores.  She has granddaughters.  I will fill each with some samples.  I receive so many samples so I normally give those away too.  The one granddaughter is 18 so I think she will love the cases.  Both cases are from Fresh.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ECBG Over the years I have collected quite a number of them...I've given some to my mother and a few to DD.  I've also just thrown some out after getting tired of looking at them in my cosmetic storage drawer.

Respected Contributor

When I donate clothing to charity I add them in.

Respected Contributor

The larger ones I store things in for the car or van: plastic utensils, masks, wipes in Ziploc bags, small makeup touch up supplies, etc.  Each item is in a separate bag.  DH has similar items in his van...his are solid color ones.

When I am making up care packages, I will stuff with tissue paper and possibly some piece of costume jewelry.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Do........

[ Edited ]

I purchased a clear makeupu bag a few months ago.  I had a black lined bag.  What a difference!  

I recently cleaned out all my bathroom closets and put 3 or 4 of them in a bag to go to my daughter's house nad threw away some.  I  use them when we go out of town overnight.

Trusted Contributor

I use a sling bag so I use the smaller ones to help organize my bag. Also use the larger ones as a smaller version of packing cube for my cosmetics.

Super Contributor

Once a year or so, when I have a few, I assemble personal care kits along with lipstick and such that I won’t use, and donate to a local battered women’s shelter.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

What do you do with all of those makeup cases you get as gifts in department stores?  

Working, I need clear cases since it's common to have your handbag peered into before you leave.  

Clear cases (which have to be purchased), also let me see what in the world I have!Smiley Happy

I use them for organizing and storing different things around home.

They come in handy that way, depending on the size. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the great ideas!