Honored Contributor

What Do You Do To Save Your Manicure?

[ Edited ]

I love OPI'S dark colors.  When I work in the kitchen,  I wear fitted food safe gloves from amazon which also keep my hands from drying out.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: What Dl You Do To Save Your Manicure?

I wear Mr Clean vinyl gloves for pretty much every job.   Inside and out.  I get lots of uses out of just one pair. 

But I always do a top coat.

I use only Zoya polishes, I use their *Anchor* for and undercoat and their *Armor* for the top coat.

I can get about 4 or 5 good days before I see a chip, so I clip my nails shorter (and goodbye chip!) and gain another 2 or 3 days.

Respected Contributor

Gel polish

Esteemed Contributor

I bring my own bottle of OPI to the salon. That way I have touch up color between visits.

While I'm not a clean freak, way more sanitary than that salon bottle.

Honored Contributor

Revlon lasts me two weeks

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I love OPI'S dark colors.  When I work in the kitchen,  I wear fitted food safe gloves from amazon which also keep my hands from drying out.   Smiley Happy

@ECBG   I went back from my Sally Hansen Hard as Nails to the Perfect Formula clear gel coat. I can't wear colored polish (oh, I so wish I could).

I do wear colors on my toes. I do wear dish gloves anyway, just to save my hands/nails from drying out. 

Honored Contributor

Always bring my own polish to the salon so I can touch up at home, have natural nails and go once in 2 weeks. also wear rubber gloves for all chores. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Do To Save Your Manicure?

If you would see my manicure, you would know that I do nothing.  LOL

My nails are a mess but I am really trying to stop myself from going back to salon visits.  I don't want the time committment. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG - I love to play with colors on my nails! I don't wear gloves, although I probably should. I get pedicures, but do my fingernails myself.

I'm lucky because they're pretty strong- they always have been. And right now they're too long. Usually one will break and they all have to come down!

I'm wearing OPI's You Don't Know Jacques! I always start with Perfect Formula clear gel coat. I end with Olive and June's The Top Coat. If I leave the color on, my nails will last two weeks.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

I LOVE, love OPI colors.  My fall-winter color is "Bogota Blackberry" and my spring-summer color is "I'm Not Really A Waitress".