Honored Contributor

Re: What Did You Use Up This Week? 9/17

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Thanks for starting this thread and good morning @JudyL .

I used up my Biotera S&C and although almost all natural ingredients (which is why it was purchased), the conditioner is awful...not rich in any way. I will not reorder.

Retin A was used up and refilled with a new tube. Will never be without it.

I'm trying a new nail hardner called Barielle. Sally Hansen was OK, but at thebottom of the bottle and heard good things about this product.

I used up several bottles of MAC FIX IT setting sprays and have now changed to the NYX Professional Makeup Spray....so far seeing the same results.

@Shanus I remember Barielle from ages ago, like mid 70's.  It had a cult following.  What was odd is that it was sold at a department store named Marshall Field (Chicago and region suburbs), at a special counter rather than a drug store.  The story was that it was developed after something thoroughbred horse groomers used on horse hooves. 

I'm currently using Hard as Hooves (when I remember), but I may have to look for this again, one of these days.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning ladies.  I finished a jar of LeMer moisturizing cream, and replaced with same.  I (and my skin) just love this cream, have been using it for years,  I've tried so many moisturizers, high end to drug store, but this one just works for me.  

Finished a jumbo sized Aveda rosemary mint body wash, and wanted to try Neutrogena Rainbath ocean mist scent.  The scent is very pleasant, hope it doesn't make my skin feel like it's two sizes too small. 🤞🏼

Finished a tube of Sensodyne Proenamel whitening toothpaste and replaced with same.

That is about it for me this week.  

Wishing all a safe and  great weekend. 🙋🏻

Thank you to @JudyL 💅🏻💄💋

Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-a sample of Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40.  I thought this was quite nice.  I will have to remember this one when I am eventually in need of a product like this.  (I have plenty of foundations and tinted moisturizers and such to use up and don't need any right now.)

-a small tube (.34 oz.) of L'Occitane Honey Harvest Hand Cream.  I thought this was nicer than the original shea hand cream.  Seemed to sink in a little better.  But I still don't think it's worth the price they charge, so I won't be purchasing a larger size.

-a Honeybee Gardens Strawberry Champagne Lip Balm.  I like this lip balm at night, but I'm starting to wonder if I need it.  It's something I will have to purchase from their website if I want the flavors I like, and I think I can probably just go with the Hurraw lip balm I like for both day and nighttime use.  I still have some tubes of it to use up.  Guess I will decide when those are done.

That is all for this week.  I hope everyone is doing well and finding time to do something fun.

Red squirrel caught 'playing' a grand piano in Scottish forest - Classic FM

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

That is all for this week.  I hope everyone is doing well and finding time to do something fun.

Red squirrel caught 'playing' a grand piano in Scottish forest - Classic FM

@mistriTsquirrel 

Adorable! 🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing used up yet.  Products are lasting forever.

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Drunk Elephant E-Rase Milki Micellar Water mini - I wasn't that fond of this. It's thick and I don't know if it really added hydration to my skin. I only use micellar water in the morning to clean off any skincare residue from the night before. I replaced it with Bioderma and like it much better. Plus I got the jumbo Bioderma at Costco for the same price as the Drunk Elephant mini. I will not be repurchasing the DE one.

Urban Decay Lip Liner Pencil in 1993 - This came in a set with the lipstick and it was a good neutral lip liner that went with everything for my skintone. I don't use much so it took me years to use this up. I replaced it with a Marc Jacobs liner that was half off, but I think I prefer the UD one. I would repurchase it.

Real Techniques Sponge (purple) - This came in a set with some mini travel brushes and it was good. I liked that there was a flat side to use on the larger parts of my face. I use my sponges way longer than I should so I got my money's worth and more. I would repurchase it but replaced it this time with the original Beauty Blender sponge that came in a set. Now that I've tried them side by side, the RT sponge is firmer but it doesn't really matter to me. They both do the job.

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning, Everyone!  I've used up quite a bit of my "stash":

1. Wen Summer Honey Peach conditioning cream, 32 oz.

2. Wen Summer Honey Peach styling cream (DH likes it, too).

3. Fekkai glossing cream

4. IT Bye Bye Pores finishing powder

5. Laura Geller Spackle, 2 oz.

Have a great day! 

Respected Contributor

This week I went to town in my desk drawers and locker after returning to work finally, on Monday.

My work makeup can be what I'm not crazy about, almost finished products, or things that I deem necessary for my daily upkeep. 

Discarded : Several lipsticks, JM small whipped Argan oil, Mally concealer, B&BW Carried away hand lotion and body spray. Old as dirt! A package of dried up baby wipes. Montana Emu Ranch chapstick in cherry. I like it but haven't ordered from them in years. I was into the Emu products several years back but stopped. And other things I can't remember, and I am glad I can't! That means they deserve to be gone.

I kept 3 Bare Mineral Makeup kits, that contain everything I might need.
 I'm not reapplying makeup there anyway at this time.

At home I finished up : 8 oz. JM body butter. Replaced with the supersize. I am never without this. We all use this constantly and love it!

Kerastase Gelee thickening treatment. Did nothing for me and I won't buy this again. The shampoo is ok and I have 2 more in different varieties. I'm on the fence about repurchasing the shampoo as well. I'll see when I'm done with those.

Batiste Rose Gold dry shampoo. I like it. I haven't colored my hair in months so it's grey and brassy. I've been using Roux temporary rinse and this stuff to blend it. First time using the rose gold and I will buy again.

Tossed some stretched out hair ties. I also finished a 32 Oz. Clean and Natural hand sanitizer. It smells so nice. Reminds me of fresh lime. If I see it again; I will repurchase this. I think I got it at Walgreens. 

That's it. Great Weekend Beauties.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp 

Me too!  I never use up anything except bath soap LOL

Oh wait, I DID finally use something up.  A bottle of The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid 7%.  Another bottle is on the way.  And I'm getting close on my Big Sexy Hair Powder Play.  Better reorder right now.