Honored Contributor

What Did You Use Up This Week? 5/28

Thought I would start this week's post.  Tell us what you used up or tossed and a short review of the product if you want.

I didn't use up anything this week but I did toss a few really old lip pencils.  Bought some new Wet n Wild lip pencils from Amazon because I couldn't find them in the store.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts!  Have a good weekend and stay safe too!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Did You Use Up This Week? 5/28

Hi @JudyL !

I used up and opened a new tube of Retin A.

I also used up and opened a new set of Maison 276 hair system.  (available on QVC).  It is for white, silver, or blonde hair. (it is not blue or purple) I really like it and have gone through 3 or 4 sets.  I do not want to be without it.  

I used up a tube of Korres body lotion.  It was okay, but I would not reorder it.  

I tried and sent back the Tweak'd TSV hair restore spray.  The smell was terrible - Vanilla Amber - and the sprayer did not work.  Where it hit the bathroom tile, it was very slippery......silicones LOL.  

I used up and opened a new Josie Maran mascara.  Love!

That's it!Woman Very HappyWoman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I used up:

-sample packets of Drybar On The Rocks shampoo and conditioner.  These were pretty nice.  The shampoo was thick and concentrated.  Maybe could've gotten 2 uses from the packet.  The conditioner was not too heavy.  The scent of these was kind of herbal, but the conditioner had a bit of an industrial smell to it...like a whiff of "tire factory."  Weird.  Anyway, the smell didn't linger and I thought these were pretty good, but I'm sure they are priced above what I would be willing to pay for them.

-a bottle of Dr. Jart Ceramidin liquid.  This was nice to use before my retinol serum.  I may repurchase it when the cooler months come back around.

-a .7 oz jar of Glow For A Cause Body Butter, in scent "Dream."  This was something from a subscription box, and not something I would look to buy in a full size.  It smelled alright, but sat on the surface of my skin.

-a mini of Benefit Bad Gal Bang mascara.  This is my favorite mascara for now, but I'm still looking to see if there is one I will like better.  I think the volume and length this gives is pretty good, but I don't love that it is a little harder to remove than many other mascaras. 

That is all for me this week.  Enjoy the weekend, ladies!!

Tea with Squirrel | Read, Seen, Heard

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Super Contributor

Hi Beauties,

I did not use up anything but I did give away two Beauty Belle eyeshadow sticks that were not opened.  I'm not an eyeshadow person and have too many as it is.  

That's it for this week.

Have a great weekend!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Bath and Bodyworks  White Cherry Blossom Lotion- this was a gift from a student. Smelled very nice. Replaced with BBW Cucumber Melon from the stash. 

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Thank you @JudyL for getting us started.

I also did not use up anything, but I should have some items to report next week.

Have a great weekend, Beauties!

Respected Contributor

Hi beauties.  I used up:

Ulta beauty automatic black matte eyeliner.  Replaced with a black/brown liner.  I really like the automatic liners.  Goes on smooth and no pencils to sharpen, that then usually break.  

Suave professionals keratin infusion shampoo.  Nice light scent and smooths my hair.  Replaced with the same from stash.  

Bliss 1 oz snow berry hand cream.  This was in my car, have some small tube of something else to replace.  It smelled nice.  

Thats all friends.  Thanks Judy L for starting.  Glad we are keeping this going weekly.   Stay safe.  Happy Memorial Day weekend.  

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Colorescience Total Eye 3-in-1 Renewal Therapy - I was surprised how long this tube lasted. Definitely over the 12-month use-by expiration. While it was nice, it is so pricey and the SPF will expire before I finish it. Replacing with the Maybelline eraser in the brightening shade.

Tossed:

Trader Joe's Rose Facial Oil sample - Got this in the advent set. I was finishing up another oil and this has gone bad while it was waiting for its turn.

UD Primer Potion in Honey - This is so shimmery it's not something I reached for AT ALL. I prefer the matte Eden version. It's way past the 6-month expiration. It came in a set that was on sale.

Sephora Eyeshadow Single in Sweet Brownie - This starts out very pigmented but blends to nothing. Also way past its prime. 

Honored Contributor

Elizabeth Grant Eye Cream - I like it but I’m moving on.

CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion - had one waiting in the wings

Banlla Co. Clean It Zero - had a replacement waiting 

L’Oréal Magic Skin Beautifier CC Cream - had a replacement waiting

Respected Contributor

Hi Beauty Friends,

I worked on my mini and travel sizes while up keeping my toiletries. I used up 2 travel shave cream packets. A mini listerine, a no frills mouth wash and a travel Colgate toothpaste. I've been refilling my mini hand sanitizersquite frequently and will need to replenish

A Perlier Honey Shampoo that I love.

I'm on auto delivery for an Amazing Grace set, so I gifted a 32oz. AG body creme and 16 oz  shampoo, bath and body wash, to a new mom. I have another just like it, and one on the way. I think I will postpone it for awhile so it doesn't back up again.

That's it for me. Good Weekend. Stay Safe.