Trusted Contributor

Re: What Color of Under Eye Concealer Do You Wear?

I just purchased the IT with the brush at QVC with the spf and I love it but I purchased light and I think it is too dark on me.........I love the brush and it covers well yet also BYE BYE covers great but no spf?  It seem to look good on me also.  I was using Estee Lauder for years the cadalliac line of their two colors but I hated it really hated it but it did cover.  I love IT.

Honored Contributor

I am a light/med neutral. A Sephora MUA who seemed very professional sold me on a pinkish color corrector. She applied it on my stained lids mostly toward the inner corner and a a little underneath as well. Then she applied a concealer that was flesh-toned.

I discovered that I actually like it reversed. I use the flesh-tone one first and then a dab or two of the pink on top. It does seem to brighten everything up. I set it with a dash of powder.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Anything pink and/or salmon (depending on the color of the darkness under the eyes) is a corrector and not a concealer.  I use one and then a concealer on top.  Who wants to walk around with pink/peach undereyes.  I want that area to match or be slightly lighter than the rest of my face.  My concealers are typically a smidge lighter than my foundations.

Respected Contributor

I don't have any hereditary darkness under my eyes like some people do, but I do get small bags when I haven't slept enough.  I use a shade lighter than my skintone to lighten up the shadow the bag makes.

Respected Contributor

Adrienne used to have that little color wheel that included the blue under-eye concealer.  I used it a bit, and it did seem to work if you put a skin-colored concealer over it.  However, I think those tricks are best left to the professionals.  I use IT Cosmetics' Bye Bye Under Eye in medium (I'm a light/medium skin shade, but this isn't too dark).  It's a great concealer but a bit too thick.  I mix it with IT's CC cream and use it as a concealer all over my face.  That way, I don't have to put make-up everywhere.

Respected Contributor

I'm very fair skinned, and always just use my favorite eye creams uner my eyes.  I don't even put any foundation there either.  I find it always settles in lines and makes the area look worse.  However, I did have an eye make-over from MAC last spring, and the make-up arist dotted a concealer below the eye circles, but just above the cheeks, then lightly blended upwards towards the eye and on the top of the ckeeks.    It did two things..added volume above the cheek area, and highlighted under my eyes.   It's called PREP and PRIME, and I use RADIANT ROSE.  Very natural looking, and never cakes or settles in lines.   I only use it when I want to look extra good...otherwise, I prefer to skip the added step LOL.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The Salmon Concealer is created by Eve Pearl.  I believe it is her trademarked concealer and used by professional makeup artist. It nutralizes darkness and brightenes. You an google her and see the videos on YouTube - Google: eve pearl salmon concealer. You will also see many other makeup artists using her products and tips. When you look at the colors, they look a bit dark. but when you put them on, it just melts right into your skin...and does the job.

I just received my 2nd TSV with her foundation, salmon concealer and 4 other items. The Kit is still available...dont know the price now.

Good luck.

Super Contributor

As with most make up concealer is very specific to your skin type and complexion. Depending on if you have dark circles or puffines under the eye several different types of these products address these issues. Then you need to choose the shade. I would advise a consult, at least a sit down ,to try the many different shades and cremes or other forms the concealers come in that will give you more of an informed decision to make when purchasing over the tv