Trusted Contributor

What Color of Under Eye Concealer Do You Wear?

Yesterday, my sister called to tell me about the beautiful makeup a makeup artist had done on her.  This woman will be doing her "Mother of the Groom" makeup.

She told my sister that women should ALWAYS use a pink or salmon under eye concealer as any other colors cause a woman's eyes to look dark or shaded.

I've never heard of this before.  Have any of my favorite beauty experts here ever heard of this?

Thanks!  Happy Weekend!

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Color of Under Eye Concealer Do You Wear?

I've seen orange concealer by NYX & peach by Bobbi Brown. I haven't tried them, but some of Laura Geller's are a bit peachy I think they help some days.

Honored Contributor

I use Perricone No Concealer Concealor and it has no specific color.  I tried most of the different shades that the so called experts said to use and the color stood out after about an hour with all them.  

Respected Contributor

I use NYX dark circle concealer in light. It has a subtle hint of orange.

Honored Contributor

@Quinny@Iwantcoffee@Pook@StraytoStay

My HG concealer is Dermablend in Chroma 0. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

If you have dark circles you need to put down a salmon concealer first. I use Pixie salmon concealer from Target, then put your concealer color on top. If you just use your concealer your dark circles won't be covered completely and may show through. Eve Pearl who sells her products here has a dual concealer salmon on one side and concealer on the other. She just  had a TSV the other day. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tinted Eye Brightener by BB in Lt. Bisque, or NARS Radiant Concealer in Vanilla. I'm lt./med w/cool undertones. ETA-Maybelline makes some excellent concealers so they dont have to be dept. store.

Honored Contributor

I hadn't heard of using that color of concealer under the eye. I have bags under my eye so I don't do much with them. I do use BE bisque shadow or Well-rested in the corner of my eyes where I am very dark. I brush the bag area with some translucent setting powder tho. I do, however, have a wonderful peachy blush from Elizabeth Arden that I use as an eye shadow on my lids and that color is magical for me. Just does something for my deep set eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Bobbi Brown's correct, conceal and set system. It works for me with all of my issues of dark circiles, redness, etcc. The oorrect is a pinkish tone and the conceal seems to be a flesh tone. I am very fair and it's difficult to find a product that performs but doesn't add an odd color to my skin. This works for me like nothing else that I've tried.....and I've tried a lot of products.

I also use FirstAir Beautry Ultra Repair under eye therapy cream and it really helps that area with the puffiness and the darkness.  Some days I can just use that and don't bother with putting a concealer on top of it.   

Honored Contributor

I was told years ago that depending on the color of your dark undereye circles (if you have them), your corrector shade (used before concealer) should be green, yellow, orange (salmon) or blue. Prescriptives included yellow or salmon in their concealer kits based on your coloring back in the day; many companies sold (and still sell) them.

I learned (the hard way) that salmon works like magic on my very dark circles but I STILL need another concealer over it because the salmon stands out against the rest of my makeup. In addition, a darker concealer works better than a lighter one on me (which I have heard is recommended now...who knows).

My HG is the the Benefit Brightening Concealer in Fair ( a true salmon color) and it's amazing the difference. Over that, I use IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye in Neutral Medium and then just a tad of the Benefit over it again. The difference is...miraculous.