Valued Contributor

@eddyandmei am sorry.Saw where you said she saw you in store.Well no reason to go back there ! Good luck and take care.Just keep on conditioning and if you can keep up a trim mayb every 6 wks.hopefully by keeping this up in a few months you will see more new growth than permed hair!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  conditioning it is all you can safely do.  I dumped a hairdresser long ago who left my highlights on too long or over lapped them and my hair broke off in chunks.  My hair was the matted texture of burned hair...you couldn't comb thur it...and no amount of conditioner would help it.  I had to cut it off.  If yours isn't that bad maybe you can get it to revive with the conditioner.  I hope so...cutting it all off is pretty upsetting.

As for not being able to say anything I get that too...but I wouldn't have her ever do any chemical processes to my hair.  I'd have to go to a different salon in future....I just couldn't let someone like that do my hair again.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@eddyandme  conditioning it is all you can safely do.  I dumped a hairdresser long ago who left my highlights on too long or over lapped them and my hair broke off in chunks.  My hair was the matted texture of burned hair...you couldn't comb thur it...and no amount of conditioner would help it.  I had to cut it off.  If yours isn't that bad maybe you can get it to revive with the conditioner.  I hope so...cutting it all off is pretty upsetting.

As for not being able to say anything I get that too...but I wouldn't have her ever do any chemical processes to my hair.  I'd have to go to a different salon in future....I just couldn't let someone like that do my hair again.

I totally agree with you, @tsavorite :  she will never process my hair again!  I can't just cut it 'cause it's like all over my head.  I did condition it once and it has helped - no more shedding and the bottom half near my scalp is softer.  I'm gonna search and see what I can find in the store to moisturize it, putting more on the top layer of hair.  Guess I'll have to keep doing this; otherwise, I'd have to shave my head (only kidding!).  It's sad that someone can be so careless/mindless when working on someone's hair!

Valued Contributor
Hi @ Goldilocks.How is the hair doing? Part about trimming.You can still trim hair all over.just small amt.off all can make the biggest difference & like I said as it grows out with good hair, you will be able to notice the good hair more and feel better about it.Not that you have to cut anytime soon
Wishing you the best!