Respected Contributor

Re: What Body Lotion Is Good For Older Skin?

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

U gals seem to know your products and I enjoy reading your posts.

Looking for a body lotion for "suddenly old skin" that appears overnight it seems.  Sagging, crepey, dry, wrinkled, age spots etc.   Those of you that have had this suddenly happen know where I am coming from.  

Bare legs and arms one summer and long sleeves and slacks the next summer.  If it were not so bad it would be magical how quickly the skin can change.  

TIA for any assistance on what you have had success with.  Smiley Happy

@INDIANA BONES

I just started using Cerave products.  I bought moisturizing cream, hand cream, etc.  I like how they help with my very very dry skin.  Argan oil didn't help me.

Honored Contributor

If you buy on ebay, do check Isomers there, different ones now listed for good prices. The ones with Matrixyl are good ones to try.

Valued Contributor

@fortune first want to say I love the dog and hope you are the lucky owner.

I have seen some interesting commercials on  that product and though if I ever leave the house I am getting some at Wallyworld.   Thanks for your input.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

In my experience dermatologists recommend Aquaphor for healing really dry, cracked skin. It is very greasy and I’d use it till your skin was more moist, then switch to a lighter lotion.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Alpha is made with petroleum and mineral oil I prefer not to use these on my skin, just my personal preference. Paula's Choice makes AHA body lotions and BHA ones, with no mineral oil or petrochemicals.

It's a personal preference as most things are. Unless there is scientific evidence that the ingredients in Alpha are harmful then I don't see a problem with it. It's fear-mongering statements about ingredients in general that give certain products a bad name and many times those statements cannot be legitimately backed.

Valued Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

If you buy on ebay, do check Isomers there, different ones now listed for good prices. The ones with Matrixyl are good ones to try.

Have you tried the products from Ebay?  Just curious because years ago (many moons ago) a famous shampoo only available at Hair Studios was being sold and it was not the original formula.  The laws have probably changed thru the years and they only sell the "real deal"    Thanks again dear.

Respected Contributor

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

I have seen some interesting commercials on  that product and though if I ever leave the house I am getting some at Wallyworld.   Thanks for your input.  Smiley Very Happy

@INDIANA BONES

Hi, Moroco!  Your puppy is a doll, too.  Jasper is my granddog, and is the light of my life.  As far as the products go, order on line.  That's what I do now that I'm not running all over town shopping!!  Works for me!

Valued Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@INDIANA BONES wrote:

@INDIANA BONES

Hi, Moroco!  Your puppy is a doll, too.  Jasper is my granddog, and is the light of my life.  As far as the products go, order on line.  That's what I do now that I'm not running all over town shopping!!  Works for me!

The Iggy in my pic is my grandson also.  Chevy named after the car of course.  ha  ha.   Good idea to buy on line as I actually order my groceries from Wallyworld on line.   

Respected Contributor

For the neck and down...I use organic virgin coconut oil.  Buy it in large jars for around $12.....and scoop smaller amounts into a little lock and lock container to keep in the bathroom.  I rub it all over when I am damp from the shower and then pat dry....sit in my robe for a little bit...and my skin is really hydrated and soft.  For my age it looks pretty darned good!!! And smells good, no chemicals....and inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@INDIANA BONESAt the drugstore:  Cetaphil or Cerave.  More money:  Josie's body butter, Laura Mercier's body butter, L'Occtaine has really good body lotions too.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength