Honored Contributor

Re: What Beauty Trend Do You Wish Would Just Go Away Already

@Tinkrbl44 

Yes and I wanted to.  I almost did several times.  If I had it to do over again, I would have simply handed her a kleenex.  I'm sure that woman wondered why her companion didn't tell her!

Respected Contributor

False eyelashes and dark, thick brows.

Honored Contributor

Me, if someone took away my false lashesPProg_70_p174_MercyWasFallenDown.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

While I agree that everyone has a right to do as they please, the comical false eyelashes need to go. I just don't understand some of them. I recently have seen two women that looked like they had caterpillars sitting on their eyelids. I just find it hard to believe that they look in the mirror and say "D___ I look good!"

I agree with you!  Some people do where them well, but most of the time they look horrible.  Why would anyone want to go out and about with a pair of caterpillars on their eyes??!  Soooo not attractive!

Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@grammarqueen   I'm so tired of : the brightly colored eye liner and shadows, matte lipsticks with too dark lip liners,  over the top obvious false lashes, too thick and too long winged liner, pale ghostly grey lipsticks, bright blush with wrong placement, bronzer used as contour and heavy misplaced contour, highlighter on older women placed to exaggerate lines/wrinkles, etc.

I see them all and many more...too many to list. I spend my days trying to correct these.

The brides come in with many of those issues?

@paixmcdao   I don't only do bridal makeup.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Me, if someone took away my false lashesPProg_70_p174_MercyWasFallenDown.jpg

Ha!  That could be me in a year or so!  My lashes have gotten much thinner just this past year.  So far... mascara does it for me...but I'm not sure what I  would do if there is nothing to put mascara on!  YIKES!!    

Honored Contributor

I have some natural lashes but they're laughable.  I've had many people think that my false lashes are lash extensions.  I didn't understand for a while so I finally asked (I've never had lash extensions or knew anything about them).  She said it was because they were applied so well.  So, as with a lot of things, the application/execution is everything.  Learning about the trick of applying the glue directly to my lashline has even upped my eyelash game even more, not to mention cut application time in half if not more.

Super Contributor

Huge eyevpbrows. You look at their face & that is like all you can see.

Trusted Contributor

@Pook
I don't have very many really close friends because I just don't have time for it.
But that poster that said " gently" suggest I don't think was trying to give the impression of "criticize"
My SIL was my best friend and she's gone now. We were so close that she could tell me that my false eyelashes didn't look good anymore and I would listen to her. Because I knew it came from a good place and she could say anything to me and I would still unconditionally love her nmw.
She could decorate a room like she was born to do it. If she were to suggest to me a different arrangement, I'd listen. But I knew what clothing color/styles suited her the best, so she always asked me first.
My point is, unless we are makeup artists, we can all make some makeup blunders. A good friend should be able to point out something like that without it causing a lost friendship. It is, after all, only clothes and makeup.
I've realized lately that ppl and relationships are more important than anything. So forgiveness to me is really something I pray to be able to do,day in/ day out no matter what. Because everyone put in our paths for a reason is worth it
Trusted Contributor

@NeNe1010
Yeah . So dark and drawn on that's all you see. I like a softer brow to compliment the eyes. Frame the eyes don't eclipse them.