Respected Contributor

Re: What Beauty Routine or Maintenance You Dislike Most To Do?

Washing my face at night.  Just as I'm getting good and comfy on the sofa, I remember to do it.  Must say, though, sure feels good afterwards.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

I dye my hair every 3 wks at home,  Hate it  LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Facial hair removal! I pluck and shave every single day. The hair on my head is gray, why aren't the ones on my face? They'd still need removing, but wouldn't be as noticable while they are growing out...hate those little black dots on my face. No, laser removal just isn't in my budget.

At 63, I still have to shave my legs every day...well, don't "have" to, but I can't stand the feeling if I don't!

Respected Contributor

Tweezing.  UGH.  Being Armenian, it is a never ending process.  I wax every two weeks, but still have to tweeze nearly every day.  I carry them with me so that I can get any "crazy" ones any time.  Lately, I have been chasing the GREY ones !!!  ARRRGGHHHH

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Washing my face at night.  Just as I'm getting good and comfy on the sofa, I remember to do it.  Must say, though, sure feels good afterwards.  

@pommom  I hear ya. I discovered it’s better if I do all that about 7:30-8PM. I cleanse, put on all skincare (gets a few hours to sink in instead of wasted on pillowcase) & will even floss/brush my teeth...keeps me eating & snacking before bedtime. When I get tired after TV, I’m all ready to go in. 

Honored Contributor

I do not like exfoliating my feet inbetween pedicures and in the winter, it is too cold to have pedicures so I am busy exfoliating.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Filling in my eyebrows.  My eyebrows are very, very sparse, so I take great care to fill them in as naturally as possible.  I loathe magic marker type of brows, or having a color that's too light or too dark.  I need brunette, but that color has many shades from medium brown to near black, so it's frustrating. 

I've used gels, powders, pencils and those watery pens, and not one item is perfect.  Therefore, I use a combination of products to get my eyebrows that I really love.  But it's a hassle, every day. 

Honored Contributor

Shaving for me.....Now that I am older it is less shaving, but still have to do it.......lol......Also plucking hair in between waxing appointments....

Respected Contributor

Coloring my hair. I've been a redhead by choice for 20 years now and I love the color, but I hate doing it. It also gets harder as I get older and my eyes get worse and I have more trouble seeing without my glasses. But I save t least $85 doing it myself for $15.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity  is this one of those tools that "pulls" your hair out like the emjoi?  i've tried those once or twice, and i don't think that i'm that senseitive, but ouch, they hurt. 

i would love to have something that works good for my chin hairs, and upper lip mostly. the price is good on this as well.