Respected Contributor

What Are The New Fingernails?

They seem to have two top sides.  Example, Keshia in Pitbull's video "Timber."

Thank you in advance for answers!

Cathy

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Are The New Fingernails?

I always had long nails until I changed jobs many years ago doing fashion merchandising, which is very hard on real nails. I never followed  trends, so I just do over lays on my own nails, clear with a fleck of white glitter over so slightly.  I think the new look is longer shaped like coffins.

Trusted Contributor

I think she had dagger nails in that video.  Been a few years since I've seen it.  My friend owns a salon.  She does dagger, stiletto, coffin, all kinds of different styles.  She says that the fad seems to be fading away though.  She mostly does pink and white acrylic nails in the normal shapes now.  

Honored Contributor

All I saw in that video were the stiletto nails. They seem to be popular. Marie Osmond had her stiletto nails when she was presenting Nutrisystem the other day.

Respected Contributor

They are coffin nails.Woman HappyHeart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I think she had dagger nails in that video.  Been a few years since I've seen it.  My friend owns a salon.  She does dagger, stiletto, coffin, all kinds of different styles.  She says that the fad seems to be fading away though.  She mostly does pink and white acrylic nails in the normal shapes now.  

@MezzieStarr What is the difference between dagger and stiletto? The pictures I've seen look the same. 

I think duck feet nails and bubble nails look ridiculous in pics, but I've never seen them "out in the wild"!

Trusted Contributor

Dagger and stiletto are probably the same.  Coffin nails are also referred to as ballerina nails.  There's plenty of YouTube videos to give you some inspiration.   Woman Happy Some ladies (and men) even put snow globes on their nails.  I can't imagine what these people do for a living. How could anybody get through their day with nails like that?  Lol!

Respected Contributor

Good morning and thank you everyone!  I have never heard of any of these but I'm older and have never had a manicure.  Just found music videos on u-tube and have noticed these nails.  They look sturdy.  They must be acrilic?  I will look at Marie O to see hers.

Have a great day and I hope I will be able to answer a question for some posters in the future.

Cathy