Respected Contributor

Re: What A Beauty Item You Used SO Long You Don't Remember The Beginning?

[ Edited ]

Used to be Dove soap, then graduated to the bodywash when it came out. I also have had the same eyelash curler since I was in my teens, just keep replacing the rubber pads!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

my beauty routine has evolved as my age  has evolved.  Nothing stays the same... thus my beauty routine changes as I age and with how my skin reacts.

Honored Contributor

Fun thread @ECBG  - have to think about this a bit.  Must be the Paula's Choice moisturizer that I've been using for years.  Can't even remember what I used before I started with it.   Maybe Principal Secret.  Dove soap I've also used for years but now not as much.  More as hand soap in the bathroom than used it as a bath/shower soap.

Esteemed Contributor

My longest running beauty item is Principal Secret cleanser, close to when she came out with it & before QVC -  starting with the original, then the advanced, then Reclaim, and now Reclaim Botanical. I simply love her cleansers!

Before this, I used Clientele also before they ever came on QVC.

Honored Contributor

I think that loose powder in the flowered box was Coty.  And I think you can still find it, at least I could 10 years ago the last time this subject came up. My mother used this and she had a flawless complexion.  I started with Revlon liquid that I snitched when I was babysitting my neighbors 5 kids.  They usually came home a little tipsy and she never noticed.  Somewhere I switched to Bare Minerals and that's it forever. 

Respected Contributor

Ok who remembers these Maybelline oldies but goodies. First mascaras I ever used.

Vintage Maybelline Makeup Cream Mascara Orig Package (image 1/1)

Ad Campaign – Maybelline, 1952 | Maybelline mascara, Memories, Maybelline

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Ok who remembers these Maybelline oldies but goodies. First mascaras I ever used.

Vintage Maybelline Makeup Cream Mascara Orig Package (image 1/1)

Ad Campaign – Maybelline, 1952 | Maybelline mascara, Memories, Maybelline

Oh yeah! My first mascara, circa early 1960s.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

Two lines come to mind that mixed powders to make your own personal shade. Charles of the Ritz and Elizabeth Arden.

The flowered box of powder I believe is Coty. They still make it and it's available at Walmart. 

I don't recall Ultima II mixing powder to get your personal shade, but I could be wrong.

@Shanus wrote:

@rms1954   Same here, but not the waterproof. My Mom wore very heavy, full coverage foundation and started me on Max Factor Pan Stick. Whoa, that that was too much for a 15 yr. yr. old. I didn't need it or like it, but that's what she used with loose powder in a flowered box...don't remember the name of that. 

As time went on and I was making my own decisions, there was a line that mixed your shade on a sheet of  paper while you watched. Was it Ultima? Not sure.

@rms1954 wrote:

L'Oréal voluminous mascara waterproof.

Valued Contributor

I have been using Laura Mercier translucent powder for as long as I can remember. I have also tried other brands, but couldn't find anything superior. I have used the original shade until recentlya when they added the honey shade.