Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They are cheap, and sold everywhere now. 

@SeaMaiden 

I know they are cheap but I still hate wasting money on things that don't last, especially on plastic items which go into the trash...the landfill.

@SilleeMee   Oh, what I meant was they are cheap C***.....  I agree with you about them going in the landfill.

Respected Contributor

I have curly hair and I use a Denman brush.  I think it works much better than the wet brush.

D3 Original Styler 7 Row Kyoto Cherry Blossom

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife 

I had a brush like that for many years and I liked it very much. It lasted for a long time. I might consider it again. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wvumountiefan 

That Knot Dr. brush looks good. On Amazon it says it has a 'soft-touch finish'. Does that mean the handle is easy to grip? 

@SilleeMee   The back side and handle of the brush is like a soft rubber type plastic. It doesn’t have any of those grip type rubber strips on it. The handle is easy to grip for me as I have some arthritis in my hands, and things are not as easy to hold on to as I get older. I don’t have the strength in my hands like I use to. I hope that helps and I’m making sense. I really like it and it is easy on my hair. 🙂

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife   One reason I come here is because I learn about beauty items I’ve never heard of. I have never heard of this brush or brand, but you can bet I’m gonna look it up! Thank you! 😊

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wvumountiefan 

That Knot Dr. brush looks good. On Amazon it says it has a 'soft-touch finish'. Does that mean the handle is easy to grip? 

@SilleeMee   The back side and handle of the brush is like a soft rubber type plastic. It doesn’t have any of those grip type rubber strips on it. The handle is easy to grip for me as I have some arthritis in my hands, and things are not as easy to hold on to as I get older. I don’t have the strength in my hands like I use to. I hope that helps and I’m making sense. I really like it and it is easy on my hair. 🙂

Thank you so much @wvumountiefan . Your post was very helpful. I have dexterity and strength issues with my hands . You explained things nicely...I can relate to that.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wvumountiefan 

Thank you so much @wvumountiefan . Your post was very helpful. I have dexterity and strength issues with my hands . You explained things nicely...I can relate to that.

@SilleeMee   You’re welcome! I had an Aveda brush that was wooden. I decide not to replace it with the same because it was not as easy to grip, and it was harder to get through my hair. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Not a brush but a light mist spray on conditioner that detangles, gives some body and beautiful shine.  It's by Mario Badescu.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I've recommended the Wet Brush to many friends, and have bought them for family members. I'm surprised to read negative comments about them not lasting long. I've had mine a long time. My hair stylist uses them all of the time and she never said anything about them not lasting when she recommended it. Even if it didn't last long, I would still buy one because it saves my hair from being pulled out. 

Trusted Contributor

I use a hair pick.