Respected Contributor

I recently posted about using the Westmore Body Perfector and it transferred onto the inside of white pants and onto my sheets.  Many posters stated that even the use of a moisturizing body wash would cause the product to transfer.  So, I have a question.  

If I don't use a moisturizing bath product or any kind of lotion on my legs before application, can I use lotion after applying the perfector, hours later?  My legs are so dry! 

Thanks! 🌸🌸🌸

Super Contributor

Re: Westmore Body Perfector?

[ Edited ]

I get great results by mixing the Body Perfector with a moisturizer. I love the natural looking results this product provides. I've never had a problem with transfer. I don't think the type of body wash makes a difference. I alternate between Bliss Blood Orange & White Pepper and Philosophy Falling in Love. I plan to reorder the Body Perfector.

ETA: You asked about applying a moisturizer after using the BP. I have not had any issues using a moisterizer over the BP. 

Respected Contributor

@soxfan, Mackenzie posts on a Facebook site that I belong to. She has explained that no type of oil should be used prior to using the Perfector. She said not to use a hydrating body wash, any type of moisturizer and even the strip on a razor can have oil in it. So not to shave with a razor like that. It sounds like you found a way to make this work but I have also experienced transfer. My skin is extremely dry so I can't go without some kind of hydration. For me this product is a no go.

Honored Contributor

I mixed it this morning with some Aveeno body lotion and used it on my legs. I like how it looks. I was able to sit for a while before putting my pants on, haven't checked yet for any transfer. I exfoliated in the shower with Caress body scrub.

I'll try it out this weekend with shorts.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

I am torn about trying this. I have a horribly splotched chest from sun damage and my legs are terrible. I am going to a wedding this summer and would like to maybe wear a dress. Self tanning is out of the question because all it does is accentuate the spots. I guess they only way to know for sure is to order it. The reviews are terrible but you cant always go by that. Has anyone tried the exfoliator she sells with it? 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva @this is my nic  - Shawn swears by this product.  If you are on FB, perhaps you could send her a message.

Respected Contributor

MacKenzie has posted on Facebook how to use this product. Use absolutely nothing that has oil in it. She said even some strips on razors have moisturizing components. So you must use nonhydrating bath products also. I used this a few years ago before I knew any of that. The color is beautiful but mine rubbed off on everything. If you are on Facebook, message her. She is wonderful about responding to any questions.

Frequent Contributor

I have a love/hate relationship with this product! It is truly amazing and it makes your skin look flawless but I have yet to find a way to avoid the transfer to clothing. Even with zero oils, I do believe that any sweating causing transfer. So be careful using it around the neck area if your shirt is light colored and there's any chance at all of sweating Smiley Sad It's very difficult to get the stain out of clothing, too. That being said, I'm on auto-delivery and still use it! 

Super Contributor

I am hooked on Westmore----not only this but their foundation, concealer etc.  OK, back to body perfector----I have found several oil free moisturizers that I use with this.  Just head to the moisturizer aisle and have a look!