Esteemed Contributor

Re: Westmore Beauty

[ Edited ]

@Eliana wrote:

I haven't seen the videos for this brand, but if you think it looks greasy, it might just be the lighting.  Look for Youtube video reviews.  People said Mally's makeup a couple of weeks ago looked greasy, but I watched some youtube videos on it and it didn't look greasy at all.  

@Eliana

I have to agree with you 100%. The lighting is and has been a disservice to this and other brand foundation demos. It's a shame as many, as expressed here, have been turned off by the slickness which has been artificially and unfortunately portrayed on air. I've seen this numerous times. I recall Wayne Goss commenting how the camera lights skewed the finish in a foundation demo, giving an oily or super shiny effect, where as in real life the product was not. The demos for Kristopher Buckle, Eve Pearl, Tarte and now Westmore that I've watched are misleading in this respect. I own and use K.B. and E.P. and these are not 'oil slicks' in any manner shape or form. I agree, checking utube is beneficial., but have to wonder if that's too late. Many have been alienated by the Q presentation and won't be bothered by a continued video search. It's too bad. Sales are lost to what may be a great product. Just sayin. 

I would buy this foundation had I not ordered the Tarte tsv and an Eve Pearl Beauty IQ special I've been wanting to try forever.

There is a 25% coupon on  the home site, btw.  And if others are interested view the foundation video there plus BA pics and comments. Not oily at all!

Respected Contributor

Does anyone remember her on Passions soap ? It was a crazy wonderful show ,she was one of the leading characters.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@rochelleS, they are pretty decent. I do like that I can line my lips and actually see where the liner is. Some liners seem like they don't do a great job of lining. I also like to fill in my lips and the color is creamy. They do seem to wear well. I am not a fan of brown but I used mine with a bright red lipstick and it worked well. For the price they are decent.

Ah, much thanks @Tricolor

I appreciate your comments. I too like my red lippies and find it interesting that the brown is compatible. I thought you said brick, I must go back and reread your post to confirm. I did purchase the lip duo and the cheeks. Waitlisted for the body cream product. I'm looking forward to her lip duo especially since the gloss attached is not supposed to affect the integrity of the underlying lipstick, per presentation. This will be great! I'll report back upon receipt.

Did you purchase anything this time around? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Westmore Beauty

[ Edited ]

HappyGorgeousLife has a utube video on the Westmore foundation that is most definitely worth the time to watch. She is an aesthetician and shares good info from that perspective. Most interesting and contrary to what many here have expressed is the finish. She states a natural skin like  finish, buildable if needed and get this, no finishing powder needed for her combo skin. This review is very well done. I was impressed, so much so that I am considering a purchase in spite of my already plentiful foundation stock! Do look for yourself and share your thoughts!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS, there is a Facebook group that I belong to called QVC Beauty Addicts. Many of the vendors come on there and tell us about their and upcoming products. So when the liners were first introduced, the Admin for the group said that the liners were a brick, berry and nude. So in my head I was thinking brick would be a red. Well its not. So when mine finally arrived I was so disappointed. However, it took 17 days for my order to arrive so I thought I am not sending this back. I will make it work. The names on the liners are Blushed Brown (I guess that is the Brick), Lush Berry which is very pretty and Nude pink. I have a red lipstick that is pretty bright so to give it a different look, I wore the brown liner with it. It looked pretty decent. I am really not a fan of brown shades on my lips. Lol! I also bought the eyeshadow palette. It is gorgeous. Mine arrived yesterday and couldn't wait to try it. The colors go on smoothly, no fallout on the cheeks and wore all night. MacKenzie Westmore stated that no primer is needed but I wore one anyway. I just thought that it would give the color more depth. Will have to try it again without a primer. There are some shimmering and matte shades in this palette. At 68 I shy away from shimmer but even I could pull this off. There is an instruction pamphlet how to apply the shadows. Very pleased with this set. 

Occasional Contributor

Then the brand is just not for you.

Honored Contributor

The Westmore family was very famous for doing make-up for movies and movie stars  years ago.