Honored Contributor

We have a new 4k ultra hd tv so no one looks natural in any of the make-up presentations anymore no matter what the brand or what channel.  There was a vendor on Q2 last week and that channel isn't broadcast in HD but I was floored to see what she looked like without the special lighting of HD.

I think the better they get with tv technology, the worse all this make-up is going to look.      

Honored Contributor

I thought that body makeup looked nice. It would make a good alternative to wearing nylon stockings, which I don't wear but sometimes I need to cover my veins on my legs...the reason why I hardly ever wear dresses.

Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I definetly do not like the look of that body coverage, and they had to get that stupid red carpet in there.  Is anybody impressed by that?  That's a retorical question. ugh

lol, thanks for the chuckle...I agree the red carpet is ridiculous....who cares!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS, I  bought the lip liners. Took forever and a day to get here. Actually took 17 days to receive and I am in PA. Anyway, I saw a description that the colors were a nude, brick and berry. Well the nude is pink and the brick is brown. The berry is very pretty. They are creamy and stay on nicely. Was hoping that the brick was a red. I will use them though.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Westmore Beauty

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor

Thanks for sharing the liner colors. Much appreciated!  Do you like these better than any others?  

Regular Contributor

As I see this topic I think I the Westmore brothers for makeup in the 30's though is this the same people?

Respected Contributor

It says to apply foundation over oil free moisturizer.  My face is oily so what happens when my oil comes out on my nose and forehead.  They said oil breaks down the body makup so wonder about the face makeup.

Trusted Contributor

I have never seen or heard of the Westmore family before.  I was hoping to see some really great new beauty since her family has been in the industry for 100 years (?). 

I didn't see anything I liked at all.  The eyeshadow palette seemed dull to me, the foundation looked orange on every model, and that cover stuff for the body was pretty bad.  Not my kind of makeup, but I'm sure there are people out there who will find that it works for them.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen the videos for this brand, but if you think it looks greasy, it might just be the lighting.  Look for Youtube video reviews.  People said Mally's makeup a couple of weeks ago looked greasy, but I watched some youtube videos on it and it didn't look greasy at all.  

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS, they are pretty decent. I do like that I can line my lips and actually see where the liner is. Some liners seem like they don't do a great job of lining. I also like to fill in my lips and the color is creamy. They do seem to wear well. I am not a fan of brown but I used mine with a bright red lipstick and it worked well. For the price they are decent.