Honored Contributor

Re: Went To A new Hairdresser Yesterday

A few months ago I changed salons after going to the same hairdresser for over 15 years.  I think she thinks I left because she changed my day and then she forgot to come in as it was a day she normally didn't work.  The next week I told her that I wouldn't be coming any more and the reason was (which was true) the trafffic issue and also the owner of the salon raised the prices twice this year.   So now I go to a salon that is much closer to my home.  However, the stylist isn't very friendly and doesn't talk at all (not a language issue).  I don't want to carry on a conversation the whole time, but she isn't very personable.  Also, I don't think my hair looks as good, but it is such a relief not to make that drive every week especially since they have been doing roadwork for two years which makes it worse.   Many other salons close to my home charge ten or fifteen dollars more than this one and I go weekly.   I think I have to just live with my situation because I just hate the drive to the other salon now as I am older and there is so much traffic.  Been going to the new salon since this Sept.   My former hairdresser was super nice and I just had to sit there and she knew what to do.  The other issue is the salon owner keeps raising the price.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I take my elderly mother to a salon, the owner does her hair ( he is in his 70's). I wasn't happy with the salon I was going to, so I made the switch to the same salon but with a different hairdresser. When I first started with her I showed her pictures of what I like. I like her very much, however I haven't loved any of my haircuts. She really gets to make me happy, I feel like I can't do my hair myself. I have hair that hits a little below my collarbone with layers. I'm not sure if it's proper to say I want shorter layers or more layers. Now you might say find another salon, I bring my mother to this salon, I think it would be very awkward if I stopped going to her.

you can def say you want more layers or less 

how will she know otherwise 

@jackthebear I didn't mean I couldn't ask her to give me more layers or not, I meant that I didn't know if what I wanted was more layers or shorter ones. I don't know exactly how different it looks.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I take my elderly mother to a salon, the owner does her hair ( he is in his 70's). I wasn't happy with the salon I was going to, so I made the switch to the same salon but with a different hairdresser. When I first started with her I showed her pictures of what I like. I like her very much, however I haven't loved any of my haircuts. She really gets to make me happy, I feel like I can't do my hair myself. I have hair that hits a little below my collarbone with layers. I'm not sure if it's proper to say I want shorter layers or more layers. Now you might say find another salon, I bring my mother to this salon, I think it would be very awkward if I stopped going to her.

you can def say you want more layers or less 

how will she know otherwise 

@jackthebear I didn't mean I couldn't ask her to give me more layers or not, I meant that I didn't know if what I wanted was more layers or shorter ones. I don't know exactly how different it looks.

got it,