Respected Contributor

Went To A new Hairdresser Yesterday

We first had a consulltation on what I wanted so took her time to make sure she knew what I was asking for. She was so nice and pleasant.I love my new  haircut and I didn't notice it in the salon but when I got home I couldn't believe how shiny my hair is. It looks so beautiful and it feels like silk! I love it. I know this is a Paul Mitchell Salon and used his products. I never used his products before. She said that they will send me coupons in the mail on my birthday for the entire year. from 15% off to 3-5 dollars off on any hair service or any products. Plus I didn't have to wait in the waiting room very long. My old hairdresser that I left I waited at least an hour and sometimes he wasn't even there had to wait for him to show up. If feels good to have changed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Went To A new Hairdresser Yesterday

Ulta has a 20% off coupon right now.  

Honored Contributor

If you like Paul Mitchell then you'd LOVE Kevin Murphy products!! I changed salons over a year ago and its strictly a Kevin Murphy salon. I wasn't familiar with this brand but quickly became to absolutely LOVE it! Far, far superior than all of the others! Costly but you use very little product and the results are so incredible! I highly recommend!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

@cuddlesmama Congratulations on finding someone new! And getting a great cut and style feels so good Smiley Happy

My hair appointment is not until the 23rd and it is way overdue. I can't wait myself.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'd say you were due for a change. Glad you are happy with the new stylist.

Esteemed Contributor

A good hairdresser is one of 3 good things you absolutely need in your life.

The other two, a good mechanic & a good plumber.

(that's aside from the obvious of a good doctor & good dentist)

Honored Contributor

@ID2 ....I am always looking for a new hair product, I have never heard of the Kevin Muphy line.  Is there a specific shampoo and conditioner that you use?   I would have to order online as no one in my area carries this line.  thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes branching out pays off!

I am glad she took the time with you and happy you got what you wanted! 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had a good experience. It should be that way. I changed about 5 years ago and adore my stylist, the owner. Plus, she's 20 years younger than me. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama   I know just how you feel. I also HAD to change salons/stylists a year (pushing 2 now) ago. At the old salon I had lost two great stylists. Then I signed up with a new girl only to find out she'd been there just a year and still really in training mode. That was it, my turning point.

I went to another salon, paired up with my girl now, Kelsey, who 'gets' me and my hair!!!  I'm lucky & grateful to have found Kelsey. She's great, doesn't push anything on me by means of weird things to try, products to buy.

Love my girl, SO glad I made the change and I do not at all miss the other salon. And with your endorsement of Paul Mitchell products I very well may give them a try as they sell this brand most everywhere.