Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I am not sure.   She has always had thin hair and has many health issues because she don't take care of herself.   I think she should stop the Wen for awhile and see if it stops, but I might as well go out and talk to my driveway.  I know her daughter is a nurse and also told her to stop using it for at least 6 months to see if it stops falling.  BUT she won't listen to anyone.   She is like that about everything.

Esteemed Contributor

@kai   Not right.  Everything that is put on our skin absorbs into the bloodstream.  Ask any dermatologist.

No, everything we use on our skin and hair does not go into our bloodstream. Our skin is a barrier organ that keeps substances from passing through it.

For example, with hair products, we first have the scalp, which is skin, which is a barrier. Under the scalp we have the skull, which is made of bone, which protects the brain as well as the blood vessels.

Typically the way things get inside our bodies is via various holes, such as the mouth, nostrils, eye sockets, ears.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

It is funny my sister has been using this for years and complaining about her hair falling out.   I told her and she don't believe me.   I feel sorry for Chaz, because he seems to really be a nice guy. 

I agree they need to do more testing on everything.  Everything we use goes into our bloodstream. 

Really?  Why?  Why your sister did not stop dead in her tracks using ANYTHING, until she'd figured out WHY her hair falling out?  

I feel sorry for your sister and people on those horrible pictures they showing. Sorry for their hair loss and for inability to discern their problem sooner.

Who knows exactly, what actually was a real cause of these atrocities on their heads?  Is it indeed WEN related? These are only the allegations at this point so far.

I disagree about the need to push more regulations onto companies, and make consumers and business to fall even more under government "care and control".

Besides, more regulating in the end, leads to hitting the consumers' pockets, in more ways than one.

What if instead, the consumers would rather wish for a half-brain instead? Maybe they could use it and see, if there is any problem, if something does not agree with them well, or if they having an allergic reaction, discomfort or hair loss. Maybe to stop way sooner?

How difficult is that? It takes only observing what's going on every day.  Where is one's personal responsibility for her own health and wellness?

Must be too difficult for some,  so much easier to make it somebody else's fault and let's have our nanny state regulate and punish here, and "I am only a victim".

Also, @BalletBabe, NO - everything we use does NOT go into our bloodstream - skin is actually a barrier protecting from that.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a coworker who continued to use a foundation that made her face break out.....she said that she paid alot of money for it and wasn't going to just throw it out.......???????

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko  Ask any Dr.  It does go into your blood stream.  bug spray all of that stuff. As far as my sister, she needs to stop using it for awhile to know for sure, but that has to be her decision.  I never used Wen and don't plan on starting.  Allergic reactions can also make your hair fall, so maybe there is a product in it,  that she is allergic to.

I had trouble with a rash a few years ago and I was only allowed to use certain soaps, shampoo, conditioner, etc.  Worst part for me was absolutely no bug spray.  Living in Florida , it makes it impossible to work outside.

If you immerse your body in filthy water you can get very sick.  Don't have to get in your mouth or eyes.   Believe what you want.  I have had many Dr's tell me that things do get in your bloodstream, when applied to skin.  I don't just make this stuff up to post on here.  I also was in medical field for many years. If you don't believe me that is fine.  Use what you want. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had a coworker who continued to use a foundation that made her face break out.....she said that she paid alot of money for it and wasn't going to just throw it out.......???????

@Nataliesgramma  Wow, now that is dumb.  lol   I have had some bad reactions to eye cream if I wear it to go to bed.   Wake up looking like popeye.  People that have a alot of allergies , really need to be careful. 

Esteemed Contributor
Respected Contributor

Tinkrbl44 wrote:

If 20 million people were using  a sunscreen and thought it was a good product .... and 127 people using the sunscreen said it caused rashes and itching, the logical thing is for the 127 people to STOP USING THE PRODUCT.  

Nothing works well on everyone!

The ALBA company was cited awhile back or not having the amount of protection in their suncreen that they touted. People used it thinking they were protected and then burned badly. Sometimes a company CAN be at fault.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

I was a Wen user on and off for a few years never had a hair loss problem but started noticing my scalp becoming crusty, sorry that's the only way I can describe it.  Loved the way my hair felt after using it but then again other makes gave me the same feeling!   Since I stopped using it my scalp has cleared up .  Have been using a brand called Acure, sold on Costco.com and Amazon.  Love it, no sulfate, no animal testing, nothing to harm your scalp.  My hair feels soft and I love it!!  

Trusted Contributor

more regulations will lead to more animal testing so companies would not be liable in any aspect.

no thank you..