Trusted Contributor

Maybe it was something you ate 😳

Super Contributor

No, it was from the WEN.  I did not eat anything different.  I am sure it was from the product.  I went online and there are many reports of WEN users breaking out in hives.  

Regular Contributor

@smb3 wrote:

Hundreds or more women have complained of hair loss, bad reactions, etc, so obviously there is a serious issue here.  I broke out in serious hives all over my face and it took a week or more to go away.  I am surprised that QVC kept it on as one of their products.  I guess money is more important...

Personally, I only buy my WEN from QVC and am able to afford this because of QVC pricing.  I have sensitive skin and no negative issues with these products.  Quality is very high and my hair is healthier than ever.  I've been using WEN for years.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with yo unless the majority have a bad reaction how can you say it is the products fault. I and a lot of others have bad reactions to retinol. I don't see anyone suing manufacturers of retinol products. Lawsuit is ridiculous. You have a bad reaction stop using. 

@brandiwine wrote:

As with many, many products, some people have a negative reaction.  I was one of them where WEN was concerned.  I simply quit using it and didn't think much more about it.  My opinion has always been if you react badly to something, quit using it right away.     

Esteemed Contributor

I used WEN once and gave it away to my daughter who also gave it away. It did not work for us.  As for the claim I am sure everything out there can hurt somebody.  I agree, don't use it if there is a reaction. The latest greatest washing detergents caused Hubby to break out.  So I went back to those without all the new stuff.  He is fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

Something else to add... if there are lots of problems with WEN perhaps without blame WEN should check it out and see if they can make a few changes or offer a product without so much harm and label it as such.  Detergents do that all the time.

Super Contributor

I did stop using the product and I bought it from QVC.  When there are so many consumers that had problems with the product,  I wouldn't endorse the product. It becomes a risk not worth taking, imo.  If you google it, you can read the many problems consumers had with it.