Valued Contributor
Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

It looks like Wen is going to settle. What a mess for everyone.  http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/10/31/class-action-lawsuit-over-wen-hair-products-gets-prelimina...

Yes, that's from October and there are several posts about it in the WEN forum.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@wildlifewitch wrote:

It looks like Wen is going to settle. What a mess for everyone.  http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/10/31/class-action-lawsuit-over-wen-hair-products-gets-prelimina...

Yes, that's from October and there are several posts about it in the WEN forum.

@ChynnaBlue

There does seem to be much delight in posting about this, gotta' wonder where all that venom comes from, and where else it spills out.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

The whole thing is sad.  I know I am not mad about wen but I do not think chaz  intended to hurt anyone.  I hope this will mean lower prices and perhaps a reformulation

Super Contributor

I used Wen for 6 weeks and was starting to have an unbelievable amount of hair fall out. My husband and my hairdresser commented on it without me saying anything. I had a bunch of labs taken and everything was normal, so I figured the only thing I changed was my shampoo. I absolutely loved it, by the way, but I stopped and my hair gradually went back to normal 6 weeks later. Thank goodness I have very thick hair, but I can see how women with thinner hair would get bald spots. I feel very sorry for them. I think this may be a case where some people are more susceptible to this side effect and others aren't affected at all. 

Trusted Contributor

@mam2fourboys wrote:

I used Wen for 6 weeks and was starting to have an unbelievable amount of hair fall out. My husband and my hairdresser commented on it without me saying anything. I had a bunch of labs taken and everything was normal, so I figured the only thing I changed was my shampoo. I absolutely loved it, by the way, but I stopped and my hair gradually went back to normal 6 weeks later. Thank goodness I have very thick hair, but I can see how women with thinner hair would get bald spots. I feel very sorry for them. I think this may be a case where some people are more susceptible to this side effect and others aren't affected at all. 

If you have or had any emotional stress in your life, it won't show up on a bunch of routine labs, so your lab work only ruled out a possible physiological /physical cause of your hair loss.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor

Another thread about the old "news"?  Does it give you pleasure to post about something that was already discussed a billion times here already? Or you are hoping to inform someone, who somehow was not aware of this no news "news"?

I sincerely hope the Mods will not wait too long, and close this thread soon enough as "argumentative", as it surely will become shortly.

I recently saw a Mod closed a thread about Peter Thomas Ross for the reason - "it is unkind to a QVC Vendor".

Well, it is very unkind to a QVC Vendor to CONSTANTLY drug this legal issues through QVC boards. Or is it?

Respected Contributor

Very few people know that a majority of cases never make it to trial by jury: a Settlement is NOT an admission of guilt. It's all an economic game that lawyers play: remember, Wen's  lawyers are making money, and the victim's lawyers have a stake in any cash award given.

Let's say this went to trial and Wen lost and the jury decided to award the alleged victims millions and millions....Wen would be crazy not to appeal.  No money would probably go anywhere-if ever.

Once again, a settlement is not an admission of guilt. There was a discovery phase where lawyers on both sides, examined evidence, took depositions etc, and the possibilities were played out for both sides. This is what both sides agreed on-there is nothing to say who the winner would be....

PS, I am not a Wen user: I tried it when it first came out and it did nothing for me.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Hopefully, the hype about Wen is over now.  I cannot see a conditioner cleaning your hair.  Weighing it down, yes.  I feel sorry for the women that lost some of their hair and glad they won the lawsuit.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

No one "won the lawsuit"!  This case was SETTLED. Get the difference? Won vs. Settled?