Valued Contributor

Re: Wen or Joan Rivers hair color.........hair loss !!!!

no WEN! Use something else.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isn't it funny that this thread was started by a new poster in January, complaining about Wen ..... and now it's brought up again by another new poster in June, complaining about Wen.

Smells fishy to me.

The problem here is that anyone complaining of hair loss  needs to examine ALL factors ... what meds they are taking, what other hair products, hormonal fluctuations, supplements etc etc and rule out all allergy possibilities  before they can definitively claim it's Wen that's the problem.   What a joke.

Honored Contributor

@summertimelover     @pede

So STOP using Wen.   Don't you know that NOTHING is for everyone?   

Over the years, I have tried a few things that just didn't agree with me ..... soaps, lotions, a moisturizer and a shampoo ....  and had to try something else.

Using beauty products involves a lot of trial and error usage.  This isn't new information.

If Wen doesn't agree with you, don't use it!

Valued Contributor

No WEN. Use something else. JMO!
Respected Contributor

@pede wishing you the best pede.  Take care and good luck!!  Let us know how things are working out for you, hopefully you will see great results.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

Honored Contributor

@Chisos wrote:
No WEN. Use something else. JMO!

We "heard" you the first time.  JMO!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Isn't it funny that this thread was started by a new poster in January, complaining about Wen ..... and now it's brought up again by another new poster in June, complaining about Wen.

Smells fishy to me.

The problem here is that anyone complaining of hair loss  needs to examine ALL factors ... what meds they are taking, what other hair products, hormonal fluctuations, supplements etc etc and rule out all allergy possibilities  before they can definitively claim it's Wen that's the problem.   What a joke.

@Tinkrbl44 - That's exactly what I thought when I saw this yesterday and I started to post the same thing.  But then I thought why give them the satisfaction of responding?

I think we all know that every time WEN is on these threads from newbies are going to start up again.  Sad that they have nothing else to do.

When these posters have irrefutable medical proof that WEN caused their alleged hair loss, then maybe they'll have a case.  (And I say "alleged" because I don't believe a word of it.)

Until then?  Boring, repetitive and predictable.  Woman Indifferent

Regular Contributor

Wen is one of those brands that if you say something bad about it in the forums, they want blood and refuse to believe there could be something wrong. Wen pomegranates caused my eczema to go ballistic and caused my daughters hair to come out in clumps. No we're not suing, just stop using it. Some of the other formulas I do like, but sometimes the perfume smells gives me a migraine. But I found 619, just perfect. Also love summer peach. I don't think there is a formula that I haven't tried and only pomegranate caused problems and stop the minute we stop using it. So I know it causes hair loss. I even had my daughter try again and hair came out.

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Respected Contributor

@pede  It's been 6 months since you stopped WEN.  How is your hair doing? Have you found any Hair care products you really like? Would you share what they are? 

Esteemed Contributor

@nicky221 - There is also a fragrance free and unscented in that formula