I'd also be interested to know if it's the classic ones, the seasonal ones, the 913, etc. etc. because he's always said that they have different ingredients in them. I've been using Wen for 7 months and I only use the seasonal scents plus a bit of 913 sometimes. I do not use a comb, because I don't remember that being a "must do" when I was first getting this, and I have not noticed any baldness or any more hair loss than usual. I have very thick, layered hair so I'm always losing hair in general and haven't noticed an increase. It's a shame because I have a few friends who use wen too, and they have said they are going to stop, but...their hair is fine. And I feel like mine is too, so I don't know if I'd switch because I love the feel and look of my hair now. 

Occasional Contributor

None of the women mention the other products.They do have different ingrediants..Different formulations.

So unless something specific comes up..I would say, so far they are only complaining about the cleanser.

I checked the ingrediants and unless I am wrong, there is nothing on the labels that you can not find in other products out there.

And we have all had bad experiences with different products. Breaking hair, rashes, itching , hair feeling dry, brittle, greasy etc.

The essential oil treatments, have a tencency to make hair appear thinner if you use too much .. So does the styling cream.

So what is the scoop?? The real story here?

Spoiler

I think ),just my  impression).. That the majority of these women will be told their hair loss is not perm. and it is more than likely just a sensitivity to a certain herb or chemical.

If its caused by wen at all.

Think poisin oak or poison ivy.. Peanuts etc.

People can have reactions to natutal things too.

Occasional Contributor

I never combed it either .That was the one thing I knew we are not supposed to do EVER..Is comb our hair when it is that wet. 

It didn't occur to me until I read your post.. IF that is not done gently and with great care these women must be ripping their hair and breaking it ..

The process in the shower takes so long.That I always do it in the sink. Emulsify it and leave it a couple minutes, then rinse.. NEVER comb it through.. My hair is so fine and fragile I don't do the repeat and it works  best for me that way.I also sparingly use other products. And no heat tools. Air dry only.

I love wen.. And am really disheartened that there might be a day we can not buy it here.. As I simply can not afford Chaz's web site prices. QVC has made it possible, through easy pay and Chaz's shows to afford his product.

I hope for full disclosure.. That we as consumers know the outcome of the medical and chemical analysis of this.. 

I have known of the hair fall out issues for a long time now. But now its been picked up by the major news. 

So I think to clear things up once and for all. Full disclosure would be nice.

I see nothing in the ingrediants that are not in other products out there. 

So just by sheer numbers, there is nothing unusual for people to complain and have issues with any product.

I want a special cleanser and styling cream for gray.. As I would like my gray to glow! Though I love my hair..I would like it better if there was a product that did more to bring out the gray.

I think Chaz could do it...

Honored Contributor

@CrystalBlue1 wrote:

Not only that but a doctor on inside edition reviewed the contents and said that the combination of them could cause an inflammatory response and hair loss.  There are some people who will never say a negative thing about wen or chaz.  the pictures do not lie and the doctor confirmed what has been thought for some time.

The pics I have seen only show typical female hair loss & alopecia areata.

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@pripirt wrote:

Major story on all major news stories today 12/15/2015.  Class action law suite against Chas Deen because women state that their hair is falling out.  QVC should stop offering this product.

Why? There are milions of people that you use Wen with no problems & love it. Good Luck trying to prove without reasonable doubt that Wen is the cause of these women's hair loss.

They don't have to prove their claims without reasonable doubt, this is a civil matter not a criminal one.

They may not have to meet the criminal justice criteria but they do have to meet the civil: prove damages. Losing hair that grew back when they stopped using Wen doesn't quality as 'damages'

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the link to the news report. The photos/vid...

@sunshine45 wrote:

i know this is old news, but our local cbs station was discussing this yesterday and also posted this article on facebook. for those who have been following the case against chaz dean and wen, there is an update.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/11/10/celebrity-hairstylist-faces-lawsuit-after-customers-blame-...

Thank you for the link to the news report. The photos/video of the people who have developed bald spots from using Wen products was a real eye-opener for me.  

Regular Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

They may not have to meet the criminal justice criteria but they do have to meet the civil: prove damages. Losing hair that grew back when they stopped using Wen doesn't quality as 'damages'

Research is your friend. You can learn all sorts of things from it...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/11/10/celebrity-hairstylist-faces-lawsuit-after-customers-blame-...

"Norman, meanwhile, now applies a topical medicine and has received 14 cortizone injections in her bald spots."

It sounds like that plantiff is entitled to some compensattion for the bald spots she developed after using a Wen product.

Respected Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

Hello, mamawsboys and welcome. Smiley Happy

I heard about it a while ago. But it's probably best to wait and see what happens. Like the other person on this thread says, probably best not to comb your hair while it's wet. It seems like it pulls the hair out easier.

Its something in the WEN  I comb my hir wet all the time and do not loose clumps like these gals.  I never lost hair using wen  but I use regular shampoo  99.9999%  of the time.  

Sorry but I must respond to kcladyz. Remember me?  Kclady, you use a different shampoo every day because he buy each and every brand. I thought you only like the Wen oils and now you are using the cleansing conditioner. Girl, make up your mind and stick to the same story.

Respected Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@CalMom wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:
If your hair is rapidly falling out of your head (and into the drain every time you wash it) why on earth would it NOT occur to you it's what you're putting on it? I find many of these posts to be implausible scenarios. ..

@Andreatoo, I Know.

One time I used a skincare cream and it made my skin red.

I called the company the next day and of course, as any smart person would say, please quit using the product and consult your Dr.

OMG.  Years ago, heck, decades ago, I used Clinque. The night before my wedding, I used Dramatically Different Lotion which was a yellow colored lotion. It made my face red. I threw it out and never used it again. And I don't have a PH.D either.

PS  That was in 1985 and Clinque still makes and sells that crappy lotion. Makes me cringe.

PPS  The husand was a keeper!

@CalMom, our daughter-in-law loves the yellow stuffHeart

I never liked it but it always came in the gift with purchase.

This just shows that not every product is for everyone.

Although, when I was a teen, there wasn't many make-up lines to choose from and there sure weren't many skincare lines.

Estee Lauder was at the better department store but it was considered then for older women.

The product has been changed a few times since the 80s. But, I never touched it again and never purchased Clinque products or Estee Lauder. I'm an It Girl Now!

Respected Contributor

@RachelW617 wrote:

I'd also be interested to know if it's the classic ones, the seasonal ones, the 913, etc. etc. because he's always said that they have different ingredients in them. I've been using Wen for 7 months and I only use the seasonal scents plus a bit of 913 sometimes. I do not use a comb, because I don't remember that being a "must do" when I was first getting this, and I have not noticed any baldness or any more hair loss than usual. I have very thick, layered hair so I'm always losing hair in general and haven't noticed an increase. It's a shame because I have a few friends who use wen too, and they have said they are going to stop, but...their hair is fine. And I feel like mine is too, so I don't know if I'd switch because I love the feel and look of my hair now. 

RachelW617,  913?  Did you say 913?  There is 613 which is one of the rice formulas.