Respected Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

I hope Chaz doesn't have to pay one red cent.  I have used his products for years and have never had hair loss, just the opposite with thick, great looking hair.  A lawsuit will increase the price for the rest of us.  What a shame.  I hope the mediator asks if all these women had a full blood analysis and listed their medications.   Such a travesty.  Chaz is the victim here.  

It's wonderful you haven't had a negative reaction to his products, but many have.  I don't see Chaz as a victim in any way.  He's a business man who's product caught on.  As with all products some people can't use them and have a severe reaction.  If a lot of people have the same severe reaction, then the product needs to be looked at.  These people have every right to sue if they want to.  A judge and the mediator will look at the evidence, which would include doctors reports and verification.  No one is getting railroaded here.

Frequent Contributor

Not only that but a doctor on inside edition reviewed the contents and said that the combination of them could cause an inflammatory response and hair loss.  There are some people who will never say a negative thing about wen or chaz.  the pictures do not lie and the doctor confirmed what has been thought for some time.

Frequent Contributor

why is he the victim and the women who claim hair loss are liars, are you a physician?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@pripirt wrote:

Major story on all major news stories today 12/15/2015.  Class action law suite against Chas Deen because women state that their hair is falling out.  QVC should stop offering this product.

Why? There are milions of people that you use Wen with no problems & love it. Good Luck trying to prove without reasonable doubt that Wen is the cause of these women's hair loss.

They don't have to prove their claims without reasonable doubt, this is a civil matter not a criminal one.

Frequent Contributor

Just because millions use it with no problem does not mean those who have a problem are liars.  Drug companies have to make side effects known even if one person has experienced them.  Cival matters are not criminal matters and laws of reasonable doubt do not apply.

Valued Contributor

@CrystalBlue1 wrote:

Just because millions use it with no problem does not mean those who have a problem are liars.  Drug companies have to make side effects known even if one person has experienced them.  

This.  And yes, drugs (many of which are of natural origin just like the ingredients in Wen) can cause side effects in some people and none in others.  Google "Bextra lawsuit" to read about about just one example.

and I really do not understand why some people are so offended by any negative words spoken about wen.  I have never seen anything like it.  What other product gets people so riled up??  Amazes me. 

There is a major class action lawsuit that has been on the nightly news for days.  I don't blame people for being concerned, and wanting to discuss it on a beauty forum.

Do you seriously think that all these poor women have made themselves go bald just to stir up trouble for Chaz???  If you use wen and like it, great, good for you, I'm happy for you.  But just because it works for you, and Chaz is a nice guy doesn't mean that other womean have had problems with the product. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree why people think women want to stir up trouble for chaz is also beyond me.  No one has a vendetta against Chaz and I also do not understand why women think because something that is mentioned nightly on the news and is repeated here is just jealousy because he has an upcoming show.  Very childish for grown people. Apparently, inside edition and the nightly news also is stirring up trouble for chaz's upcoming show.  Grow up people.

Esteemed Contributor

@pinkberry wrote:

This Wen story is all over the NYC and national news. There are countless pictures being shown of people with significant hair loss. And it's being reported that there are almost no cleansing agents in the product and the hair loss issue is caused by constant buildup of clogging ingredients at the root of the hair, leading to hair loss. Makes sense to me. 

This is is a lawsuit that is clearly gaining steam and surely has merit to it. Far too coincidental that so many people are losing their hair. It's truly pathetic that people are coming on here to push these gross products and yap about what a wonderful person Chaz is when people are experiencing a serious side effect. Shame on you.

@pinkberry Thank you!  You are the most intelligent poster on this thread.  You surely don't have an "S" on your forehead.  I don't care if Chaz Dean is the son of Mother Teresa, his product is causing baldness PERIOD!  I hope these women win their suit.  Why in the world would anybody on this earth continue to use a product that causes baldness.  IT'S JUST PLAIN STUPID WITH A CAPTAL "S"!!!!

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@pripirt wrote:

Major story on all major news stories today 12/15/2015.  Class action law suite against Chas Deen because women state that their hair is falling out.  QVC should stop offering this product.

Why? There are milions of people that you use Wen with no problems & love it. Good Luck trying to prove without reasonable doubt that Wen is the cause of these women's hair loss.

They don't have to prove their claims without reasonable doubt, this is a civil matter not a criminal one.

Of course they have to prove their case, by a preponderence of the EVIDENCE is the standard in civil cases. 

I used Wen and I now have hair loss does not meet the level of a preponderence of evidence, in and of itself. They have to find a way to tie the hair loss to the product. Either an ingredient or method. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@pinkberry wrote:

This Wen story is all over the NYC and national news. There are countless pictures being shown of people with significant hair loss. And it's being reported that there are almost no cleansing agents in the product and the hair loss issue is caused by constant buildup of clogging ingredients at the root of the hair, leading to hair loss. Makes sense to me. 

This is is a lawsuit that is clearly gaining steam and surely has merit to it. Far too coincidental that so many people are losing their hair. It's truly pathetic that people are coming on here to push these gross products and yap about what a wonderful person Chaz is when people are experiencing a serious side effect. Shame on you.

@pinkberry Thank you!  You are the most intelligent poster on this thread.  You surely don't have an "S" on your forehead.  I don't care if Chaz Dean is the son of Mother Teresa, his product is causing baldness PERIOD!  I hope these women win their suit.  Why in the world would anybody on this earth continue to use a product that causes baldness.  IT'S JUST PLAIN STUPID WITH A CAPTAL "S"!!!!

I'm sure the lawyers in the case would welcome the actual evidence you have to back up that claim. So far they haven't presented any themselves. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval