New Contributor

Obviously YOU are not half bald!  Do you think money can replace hair???????

Think again!

Honored Contributor

There are only 500 so far?  Out of the millions that use the line, that's a mighty small percentage.  I'm not saying there aren't problems, I'm just saying the issue is not of the magnitude that will cause QVC to drop the line.  But it isn't over until its over.

New Contributor

EXACTLY!  I have had every medical test and continue losing my hair.  All tests show there is no reason for hair loss.  I NEVER connected WEN to this problem since it is so highly regarded on QVC!

All the money in the world cannot replace the hair missing on my head.

Respected Contributor

I've used Wen, but I'm not a Wen follower, so I'm neutral on the subject.  It just makes me pause a moment when I see a post like this started by a brand new poster.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

Wen lawyers are settling the matter.  It's not a big deal.  Every company gets sued at one time or another.  With 100 mllion in sales per year, life will go on!  lol 

I notice definite hair loss from using Wen, though I do love the scents and the way it feels, so I just don't use it as often.  My thoughts is that it eventually clogs the hair follicle becuase I am not really cleansing away the conditioner from my scalp.

But really, the sales will continue and Wen will be fine.  200 people versus 100 million in sales per year is nothing.

Respected Contributor

Any beauty product can be problematic for some people.  I cannot use Oil of Olay because it burns like fire on my skin.  I must be allergic to something in it.  Bare Minerals makes me break out in scaly patches due to some ingredient that my skin doesn't like.  

I have been using Wen for over 6 years and have no adverse issues and I certainly have not experienced any hair loss.  My hairdresser always tells me that I won the hair genetics lottery because I have so much of it.  I also suffer from hypthyroidism, which impacts the hair and I still have more than my fair share. 

That being said, the folks who are claiming that Wen is the reason for their hair loss will have to prove it and there needs to be a common denominator for all of them in terms of which ingredient is the culprit.  If each one of them has a different root cause (no pun intended), then I don't see how Wen can be pinpointed as the reason. 

Unfortunately, Wen's reputation is being damaged and most likely, irreparably by the lawsuit and publicity.  I don't think that QVC will drop it because none of the individuals claim to have issues with QVC's formulation (it seems to only be Gunty Renker's).  GR may have to reformulate or drop the product, but probably not QVC. 

Chaz will probably settle out of court just to stop the publicity and he can do so without admitting that Wen was responsible for the hair loss.  It is a shame and I don't blame the women who truly believe that Wen was the reason for their hair loss.  Any of us would be very upset if we started to lose our hair.  I just hope that they all have their hair grow back or the real reason is diagnosed.

QVC should have a moral responsibility to remove the WEN products from its merchandise line pending the outcome of the lawsuit.

Valued Contributor

I posted this on another thread awhile ago -- a really informative article published on WebMD. "Should You Try Cleansing Conditioners?"  It clearly states what cleansing conditioners do and don't do and why they are not a good choice for everyone.

Honored Contributor

@SOShopper wrote:

QVC should have a moral responsibility to remove the WEN products from its merchandise line pending the outcome of the lawsuit.

I don't think "moral responsibility" figures into this, at all.    Please keep in mind "innocent until proven guilty".

I've said this before but I'll say it again .....  there are MANY reasons for hair loss, and I sure hope that those who claim it was Wen can also prove they've had ALL the tests to rule everything else out!    Otherwise, anyone can jump on the bandwagon to get some $$$.

Occasional Contributor

I hope that there is an official comment on the Wen news from QVC ..

I am inclined ot believe that as with anything, there is a shred of truth to this.. But more typically it is someone with an allergy or a condition .Or from over working their hair becasue of the two process cleansing..And not something actually wrong with the product.. 

I have used this for years and really like it. I use it gently.Use a lot of water and make it frothy..Cutting down on the thickness and weight before I work it or rinse it.

But in the past few months I let my hair go grey and was hoping Chaz would come up with something specifically for gray. As for me, the products are too heavy and my hair so fine that I feel they dull the grey effect  I personally, am looking for..

So I was going to try things specifially for gray anyway. But not totally stopping Wen.

I would like an offical statement about the clinicals run on this..  Because I think many of us just want ot hear the assurance from the Wen side.

I don't want to lose the abillity to buy it here.