Frequent Contributor

This is my opinion. WEN has been sold for a number of years now on QVC. All of a sudden there is a law suit. I would say that QVC will or should look at sales and returns and than they will make a deceision. I have lived long enough to make up my own mind about products I use. If they work and a lawsuit comes against them, than I mostly ignore it and continue on using the product if it has a proven positive track record for me.

Visitor

I think there is such a vast number of people using this product that of course there will be a percentage of individuals who run into problems. I haven't had any problems with this product, however the news spooks me. Is it possible that tainted bottles got out to the public? This has happened before in product history. That is why most over the counter drugs and vitamins are saftey sealed nowadays. When I was a small child, they were not. Haha - yeah -I'm that old!

Honored Contributor

I have stated I do use WEN, but not totally.  I use Pureology or what ever that is sulphite free, then a quick WEN wash and rinse. I do not massage for a long time as I am 68, have fragile hair and I believe vigorous and long shampooing can loosen and release resting hairs.  I need everyone of my resting hairs at this point!!  LOL!  I have found the WEN adds shine and conditions, but I still need conditioner.  I have the hair from H E double tooth picks.  I do want to say that If what Sailor said NC said is true, I lost respect for him.  A good sales person does not rake other products over the coals.  A good product does not need hard sell.  It sells itself.  Also, I disagree with him about needing sulphite to correctly cleanse the scalp.  That is malarky IMO.  But that is just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

@opinionblogger wrote:

Alexa6352, you are absolutely right.  Early one morning I was watching when they had Nick Chavez on with Albertie. Nick was LIVID & said he has some clients who come Into his salon with hair loss due to using a certain "Cleansing Conditioner". He said those who market & sell them don't tell you the truth about them. You need a certain amount of sulfates In your shampoo so they foam up & cleanse your hair & scalp. Conditioners basically are only meant for the ends of your hair, NOT on your scalp as they will clog

the hair folicles & make your hair fall out. Now I don't think he says this because he

Is just trying to seel his products but because it IS true.

There Is a video on AOL right now, I just watched that basically says the same thing.

I also know someone who works for a product testing facility. She bought the WEN

Pomegranate cleanser to try. After using It 3 times she said she had to stop. Some hair shedding Is normal, but when there is enough hair In the drain to knit yourself a little rug It IS NOT normal. I have also read reviews on line for YEARS from ladies who say they had hair loss, called Guthey Renker to complain & Guthey Renker never cared enough to actually DO anything. Since this has been going on for years I think you will find MANY MORE women have hair loss then you think. So how can anybody say Chaz cares SO MUCH? He HAD to have known, don't you think? Some may have No Problem with it but you can't Ignore the many who has, & possibly Irreversable. Plus, yes, lawyers have a job to do so they get paid.

They don't just make up things to get a paycheck, get real. This is a REAL legitimate complaint. With this many people complaining about the same thing It is NOT a coincidence.

I am not getting the friend "who works for a product testing facility" relevancy.  You never mention if the facility tested the Wen product.  Without a stated testing outcome where she works is irrelevant.  

Respected Contributor

@SOShopper wrote:

QVC should have a moral responsibility to remove the WEN products from its merchandise line pending the outcome of the lawsuit.

200 people in one class action suit should dictate a moral responsibility? 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@SOShopper wrote:

QVC should have a moral responsibility to remove the WEN products from its merchandise line pending the outcome of the lawsuit.

200 people in one class action suit should dictate a moral responsibility? 

More than 200 people smoke cigarettes and die from cancer. Has that stopped the government from outlawing cigarettes?

I am sure there are many products that QVC sells that everyone doesn't like. You have the option not to purchase the item. Unless you are on the warpath and want the company to go out of business, don't worry what other people do especially when it doesn't affect you.  Just don't buy Wen. Problem solved.

it isn't the product!!!!  My daughter and I have been using it for years..... and our hair is as thick as it every was. STUPID. 

Better look into where they are buying it. If the seal is broken or you bought it on the internet,You don't know what people are doing to it.

People want to buy things  cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for.

if you have alergies, you need to be aware of what you are putting on and in your body.

His product isn't the issue..

Respected Contributor

@Dee Dee 5 wrote:

it isn't the product!!!!  My daughter and I have been using it for years..... and our hair is as thick as it every was. STUPID. 

Better look into where they are buying it. If the seal is broken or you bought it on the internet,You don't know what people are doing to it.

if you have alergies, you need to be aware of what you are putting on and in your body.

People can not do that since not all the ingredients are listed  on the bottle. We do not know what the chemicals in the "fragrance"  is and it can be an allergen.  but I do agree  that  if somone notices an issue  they should stop useing the product and return it.  Some of these women that are sueing probably kept useing the product till  the hair loss became an issue

Regular Contributor

@Dee Dee 5 wrote:

I bought my product from QVC so it was authentic and it did burn my scalp and cause hair loss so you can't say it isn't the product just because it hasn't happened to you. Assuming that every single person is going to have the exact same results as you is what is STUPID. I am in no way a WEN basher because I can see that it does work great for some, I just wasn't one of them. To each their own in regards to which products to use but don't discount the real experiences of others.

Honored Contributor

Have those people forgotten about ALLERGIES?      For years I could eat shellfish, and then one day my face and throat swelled ....  and that was the end of that!

I do not believe that all 200 claims are honest.  Many people like to jump on the I hope I get some money bandwagon. This is nothing new.

IMO, every claimant should be able to provide written documentation that they have been tested by an allergist, dermatologist ... or whatever, to determine actual cause of the hair loss.    

Also, keep in mind that MANY things cause hair loss ..... hormonal shifts, medications, genetics, etc etc.   Shouldn't all these things be required to be ruled out by those wanting money?