Occasional Contributor

I'm leaving a couple of comments, then I'm off of this blog because it only makes my blood boil when I read some of the comments on here.  First let me say I like Chaz.  I have followed him for years and I wish my hair would have looked like his models.

The 200 people that are part of the lawsuit are from over a year ago.  Just imagine how many "new" customers have had problems since then.  That's why you are seeing the flare up.

Class action lawsuits are meant to go public.  It will make the public aware of the situation.  I'm not sure if additional people can be a part of that suit once it reaches this stage.

If you haven't had the hair loss, then you really can't weigh in on the topic. It's hurtful to accuse women/men that have had the hair loss, whether large or small amounts, to be liars and have a secret agenda.  This is not a conspiracy.  It's just an unfortunate side effect.  My personal experience was, I started losing LOTS of hair when I started using it and I quit losing hair when I stopped using it and removing all residue from my hair.  Pretty simple.  Not hormones, not illness, not the environment, not a conspiracy, never had an allergy in my life.  I jokingly said earlier I could be their guinne pig because for me, I had very predictable results.  I didn't wait to go completely bald.  When I had hair falling out in my hand...I didn't ask WEN what to do, I just quit using it and worked with my stylist to repair my hair.

My frustrations come from lack of accountability for the websites that intentionally did not post reviews that talked about the hair loss.  That is irresponsible.  If the negative reviews had been posted, then maybe all of this could have been avoided.  People could have read the reviews and then made their own choice to try it or not.  By hiding the reviews, it just added more unhappy customers.  And yes QVC has had customers with hair loss too.

If anything positive has came from this, now we know.  I have heard people at my office and on social media saying..."OMG...I had no idea until I saw it on the news.  I had to quit using it because I was losing hair but I thought it was just me." 

I think the lawsuit will result in them  having to post a caution on how the product must be used and possible negative results (hair loss) for some users have been reported.  That was the reasonsible thing that should have been done years ago.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Alexa6352, you are absolutely right.  Early one morning I was watching when they had Nick Chavez on with Albertie. Nick was LIVID & said he has some clients who come Into his salon with hair loss due to using a certain "Cleansing Conditioner". He said those who market & sell them don't tell you the truth about them. You need a certain amount of sulfates In your shampoo so they foam up & cleanse your hair & scalp. Conditioners basically are only meant for the ends of your hair, NOT on your scalp as they will clog

the hair folicles & make your hair fall out. Now I don't think he says this because he

Is just trying to seel his products but because it IS true.

There Is a video on AOL right now, I just watched that basically says the same thing.

I also know someone who works for a product testing facility. She bought the WEN

Pomegranate cleanser to try. After using It 3 times she said she had to stop. Some hair shedding Is normal, but when there is enough hair In the drain to knit yourself a little rug It IS NOT normal. I have also read reviews on line for YEARS from ladies who say they had hair loss, called Guthey Renker to complain & Guthey Renker never cared enough to actually DO anything. Since this has been going on for years I think you will find MANY MORE women have hair loss then you think. So how can anybody say Chaz cares SO MUCH? He HAD to have known, don't you think? Some may have No Problem with it but you can't Ignore the many who has, & possibly Irreversable. Plus, yes, lawyers have a job to do so they get paid.

They don't just make up things to get a paycheck, get real. This is a REAL legitimate complaint. With this many people complaining about the same thing It is NOT a coincidence.

Super Contributor

Exactly.  When I used Wen I did see hair come out in clumps and I would use a shampoo the next day and it was fine.  Just assumed I was allergic, which very well could be.  I do think the ingredients are quality and for anyone who can use and love it, all the best.  I think Chaz is wonderful and I can see why he is so successful.  Love his love of animals too!

Respected Contributor

I thought th lawsuit was all the GR formula and not QVC purchases?

Trusted Contributor

@opinionblogger wrote:

Alexa6352, you are absolutely right.  Early one morning I was watching when they had Nick Chavez on with Albertie. Nick was LIVID & said he has some clients who come Into his salon with hair loss due to using a certain "Cleansing Conditioner". He said those who market & sell them don't tell you the truth about them. You need a certain amount of sulfates In your shampoo so they foam up & cleanse your hair & scalp. Conditioners basically are only meant for the ends of your hair, NOT on your scalp as they will clog

the hair folicles & make your hair fall out. Now I don't think he says this because he

There Is a video on AOL right now, I just watched that basically says the same thing.

I also know someone who works for a product testing facility. She bought the WEN

Pomegranate cleanser to try. After using It 3 times she said she had to stop. Some hair shedding Is normal, but when there is enough hair In the drain to knit yourself a little rug It IS NOT normal. I have also read reviews on line for YEARS from ladies who say they had hair loss, called Guthey Renker to complain & Guthey Renker never cared enough to actually DO anything. Since this has been going on for years I think you will find MANY MORE women have hair loss then you think. So how can anybody say Chaz cares SO MUCH? He HAD to have known, don't you think? Some may have No Problem with it but you can't Ignore the many who has, & possibly Irreversable. Plus, yes, lawyers have a job to do so they get paid.

They don't just make up things to get a paycheck, get real. This is a REAL legitimate complaint. With this many people complaining about the same thing It is NOT a coincidence.

So Nick has a medical degree now? ...Who knew?

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
I am also a Wen user. After hearing about the lawsuit, I shampooed with "regular" shampoo. My hair was hard to style and dry looking. I quickly remembered why I began Wen and will continue to use it. As for the pictures of women with hairloss, the round, slick spots looked more like alopecia. I know this because I have suffered with alopecia in the past BEFORE using Wen. I would get round bald spots the size of quarters. My alopecia would appear after times of great stress. For me, I have seen LESS hair on the bathroom floor and in brushes since using Wen. Even my hairdresser has commented on my hair keeping its color and not drying out due to highlighting, monthly coloring, and days at the beach. I use the rice-based cleanser, rather than the soy-based. I'm wondering if these women are allergic to soy? And why aren't their eyes all watery and itchy, a normal reaction to an allergic reaction? No doubt, I believe some of these women are being truthful; however, I feel many are looking for a quick buck. I just hope these women have to prove their claims with evidence. I hate to see anyone lose business due to false claims.
Honored Contributor

@opinionblogger wrote:

Yeah poor Nick is really embarassing himself by worrying about the competition so much instead of focusing on his own products and what they can do for our hair. I think it is hard pill for him to swallow to have been put on the sidelines by WEN after being on QVC for so long. But I am disappointed he didn't take the high road and simply stick to his products instead of trying to take not-so-veiled jabs at the company that has knocked him off the QVC haircare throne. It makes him look desperate and that is never a good look on anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Never mind

Honored Contributor

"Keep Calm & Carry on"............this will pass.    I'm sure Chaz' entire staff isn't bald.................

(OK.....I don't use the product......for the reason that it's just too expensive.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Breakouts from skincare is one thing but hair loss is on an entire different spectrum.

i have noticed that Chaz is not on as much nor has his products been selling put as they once did and Nick Chavez said the scalp needs cleansed in order to be healthy and not all sulfate a are bad. It makes sense but I'm no chemist I have purchased Wen many times I. Hopes of it working but so far I haven't had luck