Occasional Contributor

You mentioned oil of olay... 

Wow.. I used it for years then one night I woke up and had a rash accross my nose and cheeks that sent me to the doctor... 

People are not alike..

And there are always going to be substances people can not tollerate.. Or suddenly not tollerate. I also developed a sudden allergy to eggs..

Allergies are not unusual at all.

It would be nice if there were some offical statement here though. I would like to hearsomething offical..

Highlighted
Contributor

Remove the products from QVC because of what was started by 200 women and some money hungry lawyers? Are you for real?

The rest of us (tens of thousands, maybe more, women and men using the product with no problems) will have to suffer because of the minute few that show hair loss from using it. And there is no proof, as of now. Sure the number of people with issues are growing but it is a small percentage to those that love the product and have had no issues.

I wish the media would not blow everything out of proportion. I also wish lawyers weren't so many. They are hurting our country.

Esteemed Contributor

I admit that having read about problems on these boards, I decided not to consider buying any Wen products. Perhaps the allegations apply to only a few people, but how would I know whether I could be one of the unfortunate ones? When I saw those photos on the CBS News this morning, I was glad that I never tried these products. There are so many hair products out there, why take any chances?

Honored Contributor

@madmimi wrote:

Remove the products from QVC because of what was started by 200 women and some money hungry lawyers? Are you for real?

The rest of us (tens of thousands, maybe more, women and men using the product with no problems) will have to suffer because of the minute few that show hair loss from using it. And there is no proof, as of now. Sure the number of people with issues are growing but it is a small percentage to those that love the product and have had no issues.

I wish the media would not blow everything out of proportion. I also wish lawyers weren't so many. They are hurting our country.

@madmimi  I certainly would not jump to any conclusions at this point, but may I suggest we all not jump to any conclusions?  Two hundred women may indeed be in the class action lawsuit, but who can count all of the women who have experienced hair loss while using Wen -- but have chosen NOT to sue or join any lawsuit?  I am one of those women -- perhaps there are thousands like me that will never be reported, we just stopped using the stuff and our hair grew back (thank goodness!!!).  It was a very long 9 months of anger and tears, but my hair started to grow back as soon as I stopped using Wen.  So I won't discount anything or anyone at this point.  Keeping an open mind, and Wen out of my hair.   

Respected Contributor

Years ago I tried it and it did nothing for me.

I do remember buying it for my color treated hair, it didn't make my color last any longer as touted. Shortly thereafter on live TV, Chaz pulled a towel away from,  I think it was Kate's hair, while she was in the shampoo bowl and there the red color was all over the towel. Have never seen that wet hair presentation again.

I should have sued.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

Not  going to  deal that big  a problem . Almost ALL very successful people have had people wanted to destroy them . It is all about money , shady lawyers thrive on folks greed and discontent .      Trolls  are never successful .... hahaha

Contributor

WEN worked great for me dor 10 mths

Then I started losing more hair...

I stopped using it & went to a trichologist in NYC

He said this clogs the hair follicles over time

I was put on a scalp clarifying program & problem stopped

This is just garbage in pretty packaging

QVC would NOT return my money

I don't think response will be great for Chazs' QVC appearances

LS

Contributor

Don't be an idiot

Women will flock to a GREAT product

Contributor

I have been using wen off and on for years.and i have never seen any hair loss..It does have a tendency to make my hair go flat.If i use it every day.I did have a hair dresser tell me that one of her customers hair melted to a rod.when she was doing a perm.And she had a heck of time getting the rollers out of her hair.Than another hair dresser had a customer had bald places in her head.I have alot of wen products.I will use them up.And i won't purchase anymore..

Trusted Contributor

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/12/15/chaz-dean-wen-hair-care-sued-for-severe-hair-loss/?...

interesting comments from an Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology ....such as 

"....In the grand scheme of things, 200 people is not that many. If you look at how many product sales that they probably have, I suspect it’s just a drop in the bucket,” she said. “I really think what they’re going to find is just a vast majority of these are coincidence and mainly caused by hair loss that’s unrelated to the product.”

and "...here were pictures of women who have typical female pattern hair loss. There were also pictures of people with alopecia areata, which is an autoimmune form of hair loss.”

and "There would have to be some sort of link between one or more of the ingredients in particular. We don’t know this for sure, but most of the products listed are generally-accepted safe. Most are just standard ingredients,” she explains. “There are a lot of natural ingredients and so, is there a chance that someone could develop a contact dermatitis to one of the plant-based products? Possible.”

live....laugh....love