Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor
Sorry for the blank post....location on icons on my mobile device were askew.
Occasional Contributor

I agree.  I've used WEN a couple of times throughout the last 5 years but most recently when I used it, I had the hair loss. My story is almost identical to others that I read.  When I posted on the blog, one blogger ripped me to shreds.  Makes you wonder what their real interest is in the whole situation.   I was watching Nick Chavez last night and there were many, many "clues" on what has happened with the WEN product which sounds reasonable (conditioner shouldn't be on the scalp, cloggs follicles, hair loss etc.)  Made me wonder if QVC is going to move toward Nick's line of hair care as the "fix" for the WEN situation.   Reminded me of when QVC, along with several other associations, parted way with Paula Dean.  At least her incident, while innappropriate, didn't cause bodily harm to anyone.  Oh by the way, I purchased Nick's shampoo and conditioner.  Fingers crossed!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, on the news.  Thought it was only a few who were losing hair.  Seems like the list is growing.  I never tried WEN so I cannot personally comment.  Said something to the gal who cuts my hair... She said other products also cause problems and it might just be an individual thing.  It might be one ingredient one way or other that make the difference.  Perhaps he will reformulate it.  

I imagine the Q will be reluctant to take WEN off.  Lots of money being made not only for Chas but for the Q as well.  

However in the past there were claims against products and vendors and both HSN and Q took them off.  

Respected Contributor

I love my Wen and have never had a problem.  I think it must be like most things, some things don't work for anyone, like cosmetics breaking out some peoples skin and not others.  I think, if I used a product that started to make my hair fall out, I would not continue to use that product.  If this reaction is so severe as to cause a law suit, how long were these people using Wen and not stopping ASAP. 

If you look at the amount of Wen being sold when Chaz is on, I have to think this reaction may be in the 1%-5% if that.  Class actions are so about the attorneys and not about the people. 

I would love to hear from some dermatoligist that states that this product will cause hair loss.

Deb

Occasional Contributor

I just listened to the TV broadcast.  Being one that suffered hair loss, but not part of the law suit, it's a little more than irritating that WEN and it's faithful users are basically calling us liars.  I'll make a deal with Chaz, pay me to be your guinne pig.  Use your product on my hair, watch it fall out, then fix your product.  Problem solved.  My fee will be not be cheap!

Occasional Contributor

You know what I'm up to?  Really?  FYI, I have shopped QVC for over 20 years and like many of you I LOVE QVC.  I have purchased Wen shampoo and conditioner and I liked it but like some other shampoos better.  

I simply made a comment that was not intended to set off anyone.  I guess you've never done that before.  Bravo for you.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I am not in this debate, but it is so true, the lawyers end up getting rich and the rest get a token amount, usually. 

Hey, they can pay the lawyers up front of they want to, no ones stopping them, then they don't have to pay contingency fees if they actually win. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

The lavender wen I ordered was burning my scalp.  Too strong.  As I said before do not use Wen on children's scalp.

Frequent Contributor

I feel so bad for the women who have experienced hair loss.  The pictures look nasty.  I must be a lucky one that has not experienced this.  I do rinse until it squeaks, and follow with a "cold" rinse on my hair.  I have noticed less hair loss in the shower with this product than with any other shampoos that I have used.  I get "a lot" of hair loss when I use the Ojon Restoration, but I use that occassionally before coloring.  I am post-menopausal and have a little thinning, but my mother had thinning, also.

I have had my problems with drugstore shampoos in the past.  I used one that was supposed to be very good and restorative in nature.  It took 3 shampooings for me to stop using it because my scalp felt like it was burning, not during washing, but after it dried and the next day, also.

Every person is different, and if something doesn't feel right, then stop using it asap.  Just because 100 women like it doesn't mean that every person has to like it, or that it is for everyone.

200 women nationwide is not a large number.