Occasional Contributor

The Spring Fresh Floral irritated my scalp.  Burned and itched.  Never happened with Wen before.  Too many ingredients to compare.  The originals seem to have less ingredients.  

What scent is the most gentle on the scalp? 

Esteemed Contributor

I can't help with which one you should try but I can help you with one not to try if you have a sensitive scalp. That would be Sweet Almond Mint. That one set my scalp afire. It would calm down little by little then after an hour or so be ok but I finally gave up and tossed it. And my scalp has never been sensitive to anything before. I did ok with the Tea Tree and another one I had tried (but don't recall what it was). Someone here will guide you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shoegal75  suggest you email your question to

customerservice@chazdean.com

They can talk to you about your hair's characteristics before making a recommendation.

Asking for that kind of insight here, without knowing what formulas you've used without issue in the past, is pretty much a crapshoot.

In Fresh Floral it could've been the honeyquat, maybe the marigold.....

Huh?  

@shaggygirl ,  WEN users worldwide love Sweet Almond Mint. How would your sensitivity (most likely the peppermint) effect anyone else's head?

That like saying raspberries give me a rash so you shouldn't eat them.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@shoegal75  suggest you email your question to

customerservice@chazdean.com

They can talk to you about your hair's characteristics before making a recommendation.

Asking for that kind of insight here, without knowing what formulas you've used without issue in the past, is pretty much a crapshoot.

In Fresh Floral it could've been the honeyquat, maybe the marigold.....

Huh?  

@shaggygirl ,  WEN users worldwide love Sweet Almond Mint. How would your sensitivity (most likely the peppermint) effect anyone else's head?

That like saying raspberries give me a rash so you shouldn't eat them.

@x Hedge 

Yeh okay then, if you say so it must absolutely be a fact, no question & no doubt about that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - most gentle???

[ Edited ]

Shoegal75, my scalp is sensitive to the honey complex in many of the WEN seasonal formulas, so I avoid them.  I can use most of the Classic formulas, Fig and Tea Tree are my go-to favs in that part of the line.  I can use Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Winter Vanilla Mint, Winter White Forest, Spring Orange Blossom and Summer Mango Coconut, but none of the newer seasonal formulas.  I never even tried Spring Fresh Floral, since I knew from the ingredient list that the honey complex was in it.

For your situation, I would suggest you look at the ingredient lists of formulas you have used successfully and then at the SFF ingredients to see what might be the triggering ingredient.  Remember that the ingredient list starts with the ingredients that are the highest percentages and goes down from there, so the higher something is in the list, the more likely it is the offending ingredient if it is different.  For some folks the menthol is the culprit, so they use the WEN Kids formulas.  For others, it's the wheat protein base, so they use the soy or rice based formulas.  There is no one formula that is the "most gentle on the scalp", it totally depends on what is your triggering ingredient.  Your best bet on figuring out what that is is to compare ingredient lists between formulas you use without irritation and the Spring Fresh Floral, and avoid those formulas which contain the likely culprit.