Honored Contributor

Re: Wen lawsuit about hair loss

[ Edited ]

@RU4 real well funny because I did not see you posting this on the Living Proof thread where the 5-in-1 LEAVE IN is mentioned (and has been on several occasions). It contains this ingredient. I've noticed you have never posted your concerns for this ingredient on any other posts but WEN so, to me, your agenda is very evident.

I've posted the 5-in-1 ingredient list and link to the thread where it has recently been dicsussed so you can post over there too and spread your wealth of information:. When I see you start posting this on ALL leave in products that contain this ingredient then I will start beliving your intentions to warn others about the ingredient is sincere and not just an axe to grind with a certain product.

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Maltodextrin/VP Copolymer, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance/Parfum, Oleyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-55, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ethyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Polyalkylaminoester-1 (PBAE), Steareth-2, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, DimethylPABAmidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Oleth-10, Methylisothiazolinone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Living-Proof/td-p/2433686

ETA: by the way, I've never said this ingredient should not be a cause for some concern as I think there is evidence that leaving it on can cause irriation. So my issue with your posts are not about this information per se, my issue with your posts is that you ONLY post this on WEN products and never any others and that is suspect and disingenious, imo.

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@RU4 real well funny because I did not see you posting this on the Living Proof thread where the 5-in-1 LEAVE IN is mentioned (and has been on several occasions). It contains this ingredient. I've noticed you have never posted your concerns for this ingredient on any other posts but WEN so, to me, your agenda is very evident.

I've posted the 5-in-1 ingredient list and link to the thread where it has recently been dicsussed so you can post over there too and spread your wealth of information:. When I see you start posting this on ALL leave in products that contain this ingredient then I will start beliving your intentions to warn others about the ingredient is sincere and not just an axe to grind with a certain product.

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Maltodextrin/VP Copolymer, Octafluoropentyl Methacrylate (OFPMA), Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Fragrance/Parfum, Oleyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-55, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Steareth-10, PPG-3 Benzyl Ethyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Polyalkylaminoester-1 (PBAE), Steareth-2, Behenyl/Stearyl Aminopropanediol Esters, Myrica Pubescens Fruit Wax, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, DimethylPABAmidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Oleth-10, Methylisothiazolinone, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol.

ETA: by the way, I've never said this ingredient should not be a cause for some concern as I think there is evidence that leaving it on can cause irriation. So my issue with your posts are not about this information per se, my issue with your posts is that you ONLY post this on WEN products and never any others and that is suspect and disingenious, imo.

I haven'y used any other product BUT WEn over the past 5 years, so I cannot speak to other formulations.

Honored Contributor

@RU4 real wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I haven'y used any other product BUT WEn over the past 5 years, so I cannot speak to other formulations.

But If I am not mistaken, previously you said your posts have all been about a particular ingredient being a possible irritant and causing hair loss, not about WEN per se. And then you said you have not posted about this particular ingredient regarding other products because they don't say to leave the product on the hair. Well, now that I pointed out a recent one that actually is a leave in that contains the ingredient you are now saying you are only focusing on WEN. I got it. That was my point all along- you are not so concerned about people using products with that ingredient- you just have an axe to grind with WEN. Got it. Again, very disingenious and hypocritical to hide behind alarmist posts about a particular ingredient but only if it is in regards to WEN, especially when you still continue to use products that contain the very ingredient you are warning others about. Case closed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RU4 real wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@RU4 real wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:
On 3/20/2015 Still Raining said:

Right up there with the lawsuit some years ago by the escaped prisoner who hid from the law somewhere outside in the cold and got frostbite and sued the state because they didn't find him sooner.

LOL! And, a very wise statement.

Chemically speaking, I do not see one ingredient that would cause hair loss. If a user is allergic to an ingredient that's another story. I recently had a reaction to a cleanser a Bare Minerals retp rec'd to me while at Ulta. I stupidly did not stop use immediately believing it was minor. Two days later and I looked like a tomato. Had to go to the dr, get a scrip for oral and topical steroids. Who is at fault? The majority of the population who use that cleanser have no issues with it. I had an allergic reaction and it was my responsibility to be smart enough to stop using it. But, initially I wasn't. Still my fault.

So, should I abandon my part in it, scavenge around beauty boards and find a few others who had an allergic reaction to that same cleanser, grab a lawyer or two and file a suit? I guess some will.

There is one specific ingredient I'm quite concerned about

METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/703935/METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE/

Which is in amillion other shampoo and  conditioners including suave, Pantene,pureology, alterna, nick Chavez, etc even in Nioxin which is for hair loss! So please make sure you post your concerns about this ingredient on ALL those threads that contain hair products with this ingredient. Lol, somehow I don't think you I'll though.,,

@HappyDaze  @RU4 real

You are SO right Happy.  D nise is very discriminatory as to the "FACTS" she chooses to post, and the "Facts" she chooses to omit!  She also mentioned just the other day that she was "going back to good "ole Nic." ~shrug~

@And for the poster @NYwoman,

Look, is that hair I see on his arms?  Well, I'll be!  Sure looks like it to me!

NOT ONE THIN DIME!!!!

#Iamteamwen  #notonethindime

I expressed a concern and offered a link... some read way too much into it and offered MY opion.

The difference between THOSE other products and WEN is they DO NOT instruct you to apply and leave the product in your hair after the second rinse. The ingredient I'm citing is a preservative and is deemed "SAFE" but the requirement is it must be rinsed away.

If the very website and articles you are quoting to warn people about this ingredient is saying it is "deemed safe" as long as it is rinsed out, why did you stop using your Ojon and Nick products that require you to rinse it away, as indicated in your recent post I quoted below, especially since you said you didn't experience with hairloss with those products? 

Or if you truly think it is NOT safe even when rinsed away, despite it saying so on the websites you are quoting from,  why won't you warn others using those products that contain the ingredient, like you do with WEN? Every time you respond you contradict statements you made earlier.

Again, I have no problem with you telling people that the preservative can be an irritant but I find it disingenious and hypocritical that you only post it on the WEN threads.

@Here is what you just wrote:

"I had a little Ojon left I'd used while I waited for the I Nick odered to come in. You are exactly right... I wasn't aware at the time I made the post. I found a shampoo and conditioner "Acure" that doesn't have those ingredients I'm concerned about. Interesting discovery, in the past couple of weeks... I don't have nearly as much hair coming out"

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative