Honored Contributor

Re: Wen lawsuit about hair loss

[ Edited ]

@RU4 real wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:
On 3/20/2015 Still Raining said:

Right up there with the lawsuit some years ago by the escaped prisoner who hid from the law somewhere outside in the cold and got frostbite and sued the state because they didn't find him sooner.

LOL! And, a very wise statement.

Chemically speaking, I do not see one ingredient that would cause hair loss. If a user is allergic to an ingredient that's another story. I recently had a reaction to a cleanser a Bare Minerals retp rec'd to me while at Ulta. I stupidly did not stop use immediately believing it was minor. Two days later and I looked like a tomato. Had to go to the dr, get a scrip for oral and topical steroids. Who is at fault? The majority of the population who use that cleanser have no issues with it. I had an allergic reaction and it was my responsibility to be smart enough to stop using it. But, initially I wasn't. Still my fault.

So, should I abandon my part in it, scavenge around beauty boards and find a few others who had an allergic reaction to that same cleanser, grab a lawyer or two and file a suit? I guess some will.

There is one specific ingredient I'm quite concerned about

METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/703935/METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE/

Which is in amillion other shampoo and  conditioners including suave, Pantene,pureology, alterna, nick Chavez, etc even in Nioxin which is for hair loss and YOUR Beloved Ojon! So please make sure you post your concerns about this ingredient on ALL those threads that contain hair products with this ingredient. Lol, somehow I don't think you Will though. there is a nick Chavez forum you can raise your concerns about this ingredient on that forum too-it is under my favorite brand tab.

Super Contributor

People should know themselves and know what works and what doesn't.

The original fig formula didn't work for me, yes I experienced some hair loss but that was me, so many others use it and love it so it works for them.

My hair grew back after a while.

I swore WEN off for years after that but I'm giving it another try with the kids formula, giving it some time before I decide, if it works great if not, I'll stop.

I get rashes when I use Lancome skincare so instead of suing them, I stopped using it.

No matter wha, if they win or if they lose, WEN is going to take a hit because the story made all the news and it will have scared off many people.

On the other hand, they say that the public has short memories and they soon move on to the next story so it might just be a temporary thing.

I'm thinking that if this helps WEN reformulate and make a better product it's a win for everybody.

Trusted Contributor

Mally Roncal does suffer from Alopecia:

https://www.instagram.com/p/y-sXMkugQe/

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@RU4 real wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

Right up there with the lawsuit some years ago by the escaped prisoner who hid from the law somewhere outside in the cold and got frostbite and sued the state because they didn't find him sooner.

Chemically speaking, I do not see one ingredient that would cause hair loss. If a user is allergic to an ingredient that's another story. I recently had a reaction to a cleanser a Bare Minerals retp rec'd to me while at Ulta. I stupidly did not stop use immediately believing it was minor. Two days later and I looked like a tomato. Had to go to the dr, get a scrip for oral and topical steroids. Who is at fault? The majority of the population who use that cleanser have no issues with it. I had an allergic reaction and it was my responsibility to be smart enough to stop using it. But, initially I wasn't. Still my fault.

So, should I abandon my part in it, scavenge around beauty boards and find a few others who had an allergic reaction to that same cleanser, grab a lawyer or two and file a suit? I guess some will.

METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

Which is in amillion other shampoo and  conditioners including suave, Pantene,pureology, alterna, nick Chavez, etc even in Nioxin which is for hair loss! So please make sure you post your concerns about this ingredient on ALL those threads that contain hair products with this ingredient. Lol, somehow I don't think you I'll though.,,

@HappyDaze  @RU4 real

You are SO right Happy.  D nise is very discriminatory as to the "FACTS" she chooses to post, and the "Facts" she chooses to omit!  She also mentioned just the other day that she was "going back to good "ole Nic." ~shrug~

@And for the poster @NYwoman,

NOH8

Look, is that hair I see on his arms?  Well, I'll be!  Sure looks like it to me!

NOT ONE THIN DIME!!!!

#Iamteamwen  #notonethindime

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@RU4 real wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

Which is in amillion other shampoo and  conditioners including suave, Pantene,pureology, alterna, nick Chavez, etc even in Nioxin which is for hair loss! So please make sure you post your concerns about this ingredient on ALL those threads that contain hair products with this ingredient. Lol, somehow I don't think you I'll though.,,

@HappyDaze  @RU4 real

You are SO right Happy.  D nise is very discriminatory as to the "FACTS" she chooses to post, and the "Facts" she chooses to omit!  She also mentioned just the other day that she was "going back to good "ole Nic." ~shrug~

@And for the poster @NYwoman,

NOH8

Look, is that hair I see on his arms?  Well, I'll be!  Sure looks like it to me!

NOT ONE THIN DIME!!!!

#Iamteamwen  #notonethindime

Lol strange because on another thread she said she was going back to Ojon. I know most if not all of ojon and Nick's contain it so if  she truly is concerned about that ingredient she shouldn't use those. Lol

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze@Drythe, perhaps someone thinks methylisothiazolinone can be neutralized by sulfates.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Contributor

My stylist does not endorse Wen either.  I wonder if this is because the salons are not 

permitted to sell it.  They only endorse products that they sell at their shop.  Why would they encourage someone to buy a product that they cannot sell?

I have used Wen for about 5 years and have NEVER had any hair loss.  I have thin hair and it has done wonders for it!

Respected Contributor

@c_la_vee wrote:

People should know themselves and know what works and what doesn't.

The original fig formula didn't work for me, yes I experienced some hair loss but that was me, so many others use it and love it so it works for them.

My hair grew back after a while.

I swore WEN off for years after that but I'm giving it another try with the kids formula, giving it some time before I decide, if it works great if not, I'll stop.

I get rashes when I use Lancome skincare so instead of suing them, I stopped using it.

No matter wha, if they win or if they lose, WEN is going to take a hit because the story made all the news and it will have scared off many people.

On the other hand, they say that the public has short memories and they soon move on to the next story so it might just be a temporary thing.

I'm thinking that if this helps WEN reformulate and make a better product it's a win for everybody.

I agree with you on all counts. The news is out there now and people will stay away from it in the short term, maybe.  I remember the OJON days. Folks use to complain about hair loss on these boards.  All of my products, hundreds of dollars worth, went straight into the garbage. Knee jerk reaction but, then again, I wasn't chancing it.  I just couldn't bring myself to use it after that.  Hair loss is just a personal issue for me. This past October is the first time I bought a tsv with a cleansing conditioner.  I will continue to use it.  I don't cleanse with it and just use it as a leave in.  But, it is not a repurchase for me and it is not because of the news.  I just don't see the beauty of it but I know I am not using it as it is suppose to be used either. 

And, quite frankly, now that I think about it, I did the oil treatment twice and both times there was a ton of hair in the drain.  I haven't used it since, instinctively.  I will use up the oil as a body moisturizer. I will add a few drops in.  I am not saying it was the wen, but that was enough for me.  People have reactions to different products and ingredients, doesn't make it a bad product. 

Respected Contributor

its not just the  highly allergic ingredients  but the concentration. WEN may have a much higher concentration  than other shampoos.  Anyways I am happy for those that love the product but as someone that had a bad reaction to one of the formulas I feel for the women that lost hair,  I do not hink  chaz should be ran out of business but  I feel maybe a reformulation is in order or a statement on the label  once they narrow down what the problem is

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

its not just the  highly allergic ingredients  but the concentration. WEN may have a much higher concentration  than other shampoos.  Anyways I am happy for those that love the product but as someone that had a bad reaction to one of the formulas I feel for the women that lost hair,  I do not hink  chaz should be ran out of business but  I feel maybe a reformulation is in order or a statement on the label  once they narrow down what the problem is

~~~

Please identify these "highly allergic ingredients' and your source for  identifing them as such.

There is a clear notice on the label.

It says if you have any issues or concerns stop using.

Don't see how it could be  'dumbed down' much more.

NOT ONE THIN DIME!   

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras