Honored Contributor

Re: Wen lawsuit about hair loss

@AWhisperOnWind wrote:

My mom's hair was doing great and was beautiful and considering it was dead and over processed when she started using it.  I really didn't put two and two together.  All I had to go on was what hers looked like after she started using it.  Have never had allergies to anything previous.  It got to a point I thought something was seriously wrong healthwise with me but all the tests doctors did said no.  For a good month or more after I quit using it, my hair was still falling out.  It wasn't until weeks after going back to my regular shampoo did my hair start to grow again, allbeit white but at least growing.  As to lawyers I have had no contact with a lawyer nor sued for anything.  I posted because I want people to be careful, at first sign of hair loss stop using it, it doesn't get better, it only gets worse.  I didn't put two and two together til later after my hair started growing back.  Then I just suspected til the salesman at Sallys beauty store interrogated me while looking at extensions which I was debating to try and hide the hair that was gone.  I didn't even know anything about this related to hair loss til this past month.  Just be careful for those that use it and find handfuls of hair after.  I don't wish what I am dealing with or been through on anyone.  And to the other poster, thanks for the tears!!!!!!  I didn't and don't deserve the ugliness. 

Thank you for your posts.

I too started out with no problems - then after 3 years, my hair started coming out in clumps.

Posters who refuse to believe this can happen are thoughtless and cruel.

NO product works for everyone all the time!

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

its not just the  highly allergic ingredients  but the concentration. WEN may have a much higher concentration  than other shampoos.  Anyways I am happy for those that love the product but as someone that had a bad reaction to one of the formulas I feel for the women that lost hair,  I do not hink  chaz should be ran out of business but  I feel maybe a reformulation is in order or a statement on the label  once they narrow down what the problem is

~~~

Please identify these "highly allergic ingredients' and your source for  identifing them as such.

There is a clear notice on the label.

It says if you have any issues or concerns stop using.

Don't see how it could be  'dumbed down' much more.

NOT ONE THIN DIME!   

LOL @Drythe she has been quoting from EWG site. Also, it is the same ingredients others have posted about that are in many thousands of other shampoos and conditioners yet no one can answer why, if that were the problematic ingredient why they aren't experiencing the same thing with the other shampoos they use that contain that ingredient. And why HAIR GROWTH products even contain those ingredients. Same ol same ol. I hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing Christmas. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

why do you think these wen conspiracy theories and spies exist, that is really weird.

Occasional Contributor

I am a hairstylist and I use Wen. Wen is not sold in salons nor is it available at professional supply stores, which is why we cannot sell it to our customers. I can only recommend my customers to get it at the Q. Many salons may even frown on the recommendation since they do not and cannot carry it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

its not just the  highly allergic ingredients  but the concentration. WEN may have a much higher concentration  than other shampoos.  Anyways I am happy for those that love the product but as someone that had a bad reaction to one of the formulas I feel for the women that lost hair,  I do not hink  chaz should be ran out of business but  I feel maybe a reformulation is in order or a statement on the label  once they narrow down what the problem is

~~~

Please identify these "highly allergic ingredients' and your source for  identifing them as such.

There is a clear notice on the label.

It says if you have any issues or concerns stop using.

Don't see how it could be  'dumbed down' much more.

NOT ONE THIN DIME!   

@Drythe, for some people, the warning needs to say stop using immediately, pronto, touted de suite etc. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@Jane Di wrote:

I am a hairstylist and I use Wen. Wen is not sold in salons nor is it available at professional supply stores, which is why we cannot sell it to our customers. I can only recommend my customers to get it at the Q. Many salons may even frown on the recommendation since they do not and cannot carry it. 

It's also sold at Sephora.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

@UMDTerpFan wrote:

@Jane Di wrote:

It's also sold at Sephora.

And on-line...and on infomercials too.

Regular Contributor

my daughter's hair is very thick and long and she loved using Wen until the pomegranate formula. Her hair comes out in clump's when she uses it. I also had severe problems with pomegranate and my eczema. It made it really bad. Nope not getting on the band wagon to sue Wen. My solution, stopped using the pomegranate and just use two seasonal ones now. Summer peach and fall pumpkin and everything is just fine. Because of our experience, I do believe their are some formulas that cause hair to fall out. My daughter tried several times to use pomegranate leaving weeks in between uses and same thing happened every time, hair coming out in clump's.

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Contributor

This is what my hair looks like now. Very thin around the front and in the part. Mine is growing back fine and white as well. I should mention that my face started breaking out around my chin area at the same time the hair loss started. I stopped with the Wen and went to a dermatologist. She determined it was a hormonal problem and gave me some medicine for it.   I still have some hair loss, but it seems to be in the normal range (50 to 100 hairs per day).

I'm using Wen again and my hair loss is still in the normal range.  My hair is so fine and damaged from highlights that the only thing that smooths it out and allows me to get a comb through it is Wen.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't do extensions.  I tried that and it pulled on the hair that it was clipped to and caused more hair loss.  Also, it takes quite a bit of hair to cover the clips on the extensions.  You could see the clips in mine after wearing them for a few hours.  My hair loses curl and volume through the day... 

This post and the one above are for AWhisperOnWind.  I must have done something incorrectly because it doesn't reference her original posts...