Occasional Contributor

Glad it works for you-but as stated in my post -it would cost approx 4-6 dollars per use=if your hair is very short like older ladies maybe you can get away with 2 or 3 pumps,not 30-40 as is suggested for my long thick hair

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen is nothing special

[ Edited ]

@lisa6464 wrote:

Glad it works for you-but as stated in my post -it would cost approx 4-6 dollars per use=if your hair is very short like older ladies maybe you can get away with 2 or 3 pumps,not 30-40 as is suggested for my long thick hair

Woman Happy What ever works, or in this case - what ever does NOT work for you, @lisa6464, but for me personally there is no Dollar Value, that would be "too much" to pay for something that works as wonderful as WEN does for my hair! If it was twice, no - trice as much - I would purchase it still, and gladly!

Of course, I could tell you ways to buy Wen so it comes to be no more expensive than a good drug store shampoo, but I am sure - you are not interested. Cat Happy

All my WEN stash comes at a very good price point. I am a savvy buyer and know how and when to buy it, as well how to use it. I am up to my ears with a large stash of various WEN products, and still did not break my bank. Woman Happy

Just my thoughts and experience.

LOVE Wen!!! HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@lisa6464 wrote:

I am continuously amazed at the popularity of the WEN product line-nothing against its creator-I really like Chaz and its apparent he is wholeheartedly passionate about his products. But.....

For me,personally,the line is wrong on many levels.I have thick but fine long hair,in order to use the cleansing conditioner as instructed,I would need to pump 30-40 + pumps for 1st and 2nd cleansing-

than the application process -applying product to top,middle and lower layers of hair ...

Its just a lot of "work" -and the value is stunningly ludicrous-I roughly approximated it would average out to between 4-6 dollars per shampoo,using recommended amounts of product-that is insane.

Please take note,that each and everytime WEN is on air,or even infomercials outside of QVC-that they show the product being applied by 2 people-usung a salon style sink-going through the motions on your own,in the shower is totally different,

I don't mind spending a it more on my beauty products,this one just isn't for me,and more power to you if it works for you.

I do have issues with the repeated selling point that "traditional" shampoo is harmful to hair and fades color-poppycock! There are many product lines from drugstore brands to salon offerings that work beautifully at cleaning hair and scalp and conditioning. Salon products i use and recommend-biolage,nexxus and frederick fekaii

For lower priced options,I found a great morrocan oil based shampoo and conditioner from AVON,I also like L'oreal repair line and ULTA's line.

My other issue,is that WEN is heavily marketed as an "all in one " product,supposedly eliminating the need for "extra" products like deep conditioner,detangler,treatment ect..

But, the brand has plenty of these additional products in the line,including a nearly 60.00 repair mask cream,treatment oil,mousse, ect... all the things you are initially told WEN taked the place of???

Just my thoughts...how about you?

I am constantly amazed at the ONE HIT WONDERS who create NEW accounts so they can pop in and criticize WEN.  Hello to their HEART buddies.

Why in the world should anyone who uses, knows, and loves WEN take their time to provide education to someone who has taken NO time to do so themselves?  

My thoughts are:

*Nothing amazing about WEN popularity, WEN has given me the longest, fullest, most shiny & healthy hair ever.

* 'pump' and 'cost' estimations are grossly over estimated.

*Glancing at the 'product list' you don't mind using sulphates, or products tested on animals. 

*If curious about what WEN "taked" (sic) the place of, that information is readily available.

Just my thoughts.....

NOH8

#notonethindime

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Woman Happy Dear @Drythe!

I am constantly amazed, but of course, not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, but this is a fact - sometimes companies and firms in order to achieve certain goals, do hire people to post on various blogs, community boards, and comment areas on various sites, creating an atmosphere of desired negative publicity, that helps certain agenda needed to be achieved.

Just a thought.

Certainly, because we can not know who is who, I would never allow myself to be so bold as to single out anyone for such accusation, of course! But trolls certainly know who they are, and they know, that many boarders here suspect this also.

But at times, extra persistence posting under the same agenda numerous posts, and from certain people, who's nicks not very much familiar on this community boards....... keeps me wonder........ Hmmmmmm...... Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen is SOMETHING SPECIAL

[ Edited ]

@sonechko

The sisterhood of WEN.

Membership requirements = love of WEN, kindness, honesty, integrity, generosity, humor, and a dab of stubborn!

#notonethindime

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lisa6464 wrote

Salon products i use and recommend-biolage,nexxus and frederick fekaii

For lower priced options,I found a great morrocan oil based shampoo and conditioner from AVON,I also like L'oreal repair line and ULTA's line.

My other issue,is that WEN is heavily marketed as an "all in one " product,supposedly eliminating the need for "extra" products like deep conditioner,detangler,treatment ect..

Dear @lisa6464! Unfortunately, I do not use and do not plan on using the following:

Biolage

Nexxus

Frederick Fekaii

Morrocan oil based shampoo and conditioner from AVON

L'oreal repair line

ULTA's line

Dear @lisa6464! Fortunately, unlike you, I DO NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES with the lines of products you use. Woman LOL

Lucky me! Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I asked the hair professionals in non salons (barber shops) and cut-rate hair places.  They don't sell any products and they said to me it was a personal choice.  Some of their customers swear by it and some rather would not deal with it even after trying it out. 

I bought one set for my daughter who has long dark curly, very tight curly hair.  Takes after hubby.  In any case she uses Product to calm down her style by necessity.  She told me she hates it, but since it was a gift from me she appreciates it but  " don't buy me more because my hair looks greasy."

So it is PERSONAL all the way.  My hair is silver, curly, untreated, shiny, easy to manage and heredity from my mother.  Man Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I asked the hair professionals in non salons (barber shops) and cut-rate hair places.  They don't sell any products and they said to me it was a personal choice.  Some of their customers swear by it and some rather would not deal with it even after trying it out. 

I bought one set for my daughter who has long dark curly, very tight curly hair.  Takes after hubby.  In any case she uses Product to calm down her style by necessity.  She told me she hates it, but since it was a gift from me she appreciated it and will use it up and then "please mom, don't get me anymore, it is aweful on her hair."  

So it is PERSONAL all the way.  My hair is silver, curly, untreated, shiny, easy to manage and heredity from my mother.  Man Very Happy

Isn't it great that there is something for everyone?

Trusted Contributor

#sisterhoodofwen

#notonethindime

Honored Contributor

@TuesdayTaylor wrote:

#sisterhoodofwen

#notonethindime

@TuesdayTaylor

Love it!

#sisterhoodofwen
#notonethindime