QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because its argumentative

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It seems from what I have read here that the ones who love WEN are ladies who have damaged hair in the first place. They color or perm and use a lot of products and heat on the hair. For those like me who do none of those things, and who has very fine hair - I do not need to repair any damage and why would I spend a fortune in dollars and time & effort when my hair is already healthy and shiny and smooth. Not to merntion that WEN would really weigh my hair down which I try at all costs to avoid doing. All my hair requires is a very good cut and a daily wash with a very gentle shampoo and blow dry , which only takes about 30 sec. on my fine hair, so it isn't getting damaged from the heat.

It seems so often women fight against their hair to get some style they imagine will be so lovely. In fact - you and a very good stylist can assess your hair and decide what would look best on your face - in your lifestyle and that is appropriate for your hair. Then  you can be satisfied with how your hair turns out.

Nope. You would be wrong in your hypothesis that only people with damaged hair get results from WEN.  I have very thick, healthy, shiny hair. I had it before and I have it now. Because it is so dense and heavy, it can be hard to get a comb or pick through when wet. WEN allows me to glide a comb through my hair and it keeps my dark auburn color from brassiness, as I have very hard water here.

I am sure your hair appears very nice. I believe you've written that it is white and very short.  You must realize that very short hair usually appears to have no damage because you are constantly cutting the ends.  Longer hair requires a bit more TLC because the ends are not cut nearly as often.

I love my long, curly auburn hair just as much as you love your short, white hair.  

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

It seems from what I have read here that the ones who love WEN are ladies who have damaged hair in the first place. They color or perm and use a lot of products and heat on the hair. For those like me who do none of those things, and who has very fine hair - I do not need to repair any damage and why would I spend a fortune in dollars and time & effort when my hair is already healthy and shiny and smooth. Not to merntion that WEN would really weigh my hair down which I try at all costs to avoid doing. All my hair requires is a very good cut and a daily wash with a very gentle shampoo and blow dry , which only takes about 30 sec. on my fine hair, so it isn't getting damaged from the heat.

It seems so often women fight against their hair to get some style they imagine will be so lovely. In fact - you and a very good stylist can assess your hair and decide what would look best on your face - in your lifestyle and that is appropriate for your hair. Then  you can be satisfied with how your hair turns out.

Nope. You would be wrong in your hypothesis that only people with damaged hair get results from WEN.  I have very thick, healthy, shiny hair. I had it before and I have it now. Because it is so dense and heavy, it can be hard to get a comb or pick through when wet. WEN allows me to glide a comb through my hair and it keeps my dark auburn color from brassiness, as I have very hard water here.

I am sure your hair appears very nice. I believe you've written that it is white and very short.  You must realize that very short hair usually appears to have no damage because you are constantly cutting the ends.  Longer hair requires a bit more TLC because the ends are not cut nearly as often.

I love my long, curly auburn hair just as much as you love your short, white hair.  

This poster and a few others ALWAYS make that statement and I and many other posters have always stated that it is not true based on our experience yet they still post this statement. So even when we correct misinformation, posters will still believe what they want to believe. And even if this were a true statement, why does that make WEN a bad thing? In fact, wouldn't it be a GOOD thing that people with badly damaged hair could find a product that helped with the damage? To me, that would mean the product is really great since it can help damage hair!

And you are right, long hair does require more TLC than shorter hair by far.

Honored Contributor

NOH8

Heart Thanks Chaz Dean Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

My hairstylist doesn't push products and has never heard of WEN.  I tried it for several months and was not impressed.  Sorry, but I don't even see that big of a deal on those QVC presentations.  Nick's gals look good too.  They ALL look good when they are on selling their line.  Personally, I think my hair looks pretty darn good, and I get lots of compliments.  I use a variety of products for my thin, no body, hair.  

For the last 7 to 8 yrs I've been using WEN and had NO problems...so ALL of you can jump  I stand behind Chaz ...and his product....go ahead and go to something cheaper

and see what it does to your hair....I sure don't want to find out...no more shampoo for me....been down that route..not going back...So NO MATTER WHAT I STAND BEHING CHAZ DEAN AND WEN....SO DO YOUR WORSE.....BLAAAAA

Occasional Contributor

I am continuously amazed at the popularity of the WEN product line-nothing against its creator-I really like Chaz and its apparent he is wholeheartedly passionate about his products. But.....

For me,personally,the line is wrong on many levels.I have thick but fine long hair,in order to use the cleansing conditioner as instructed,I would need to pump 30-40 + pumps for 1st and 2nd cleansing-

than the application process -applying product to top,middle and lower layers of hair ...

Its just a lot of "work" -and the value is stunningly ludicrous-I roughly approximated it would average out to between 4-6 dollars per shampoo,using recommended amounts of product-that is insane.

Please take note,that each and everytime WEN is on air,or even infomercials outside of QVC-that they show the product being applied by 2 people-usung a salon style sink-going through the motions on your own,in the shower is totally different,

I don't mind spending a it more on my beauty products,this one just isn't for me,and more power to you if it works for you.

I do have issues with the repeated selling point that "traditional" shampoo is harmful to hair and fades color-poppycock! There are many product lines from drugstore brands to salon offerings that work beautifully at cleaning hair and scalp and conditioning. Salon products i use and recommend-biolage,nexxus and frederick fekaii

For lower priced options,I found a great morrocan oil based shampoo and conditioner from AVON,I also like L'oreal repair line and ULTA's line.

My other issue,is that WEN is heavily marketed as an "all in one " product,supposedly eliminating the need for "extra" products like deep conditioner,detangler,treatment ect..

But, the brand has plenty of these additional products in the line,including a nearly 60.00 repair mask cream,treatment oil,mousse, ect... all the things you are initially told WEN taked the place of???

Just my thoughts...how about you?

Esteemed Contributor

I am continuously amazed with how incredibly well WEN works on my hair! It works wonders!

I LOVE Wen!!! HeartHeartHeart

Just my thoughts..... And experience! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen is nothing special

[ Edited ]

I am continously amazed at how many one hit wonders and supposed "noobs" keep bumping up old threads, lol.

Is Chaz on soon?? Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

I am continuously amazed that my hair has never been healthier or has looked so fabulous in the past 3 years since I switched to Wen. Never before Wen have complete strangers complimented me about my hair and asked which products I use. My stylist, who I've been seeing for 8 years noticed the difference since I began using Wen, specifically how healthy my hair has become with no more split ends.