Honored Contributor

Wen has some major competition

No, I don't mean Hair One at Sally's. I mean Ever Creme from Loreal, their first cleansing conditioner. I saw the ad in Good Housekeeping, the April issue with Dr. Oz on the cover. Also in this issue is an article on natural cosmetics. 100% Pure Mascara came was a very close second in their ratings of natural mascaras.

Re: Wen has some major competition

If you care about cruelty-free, as I do, then you should know that Loreal tests on animals... there is no need for these tests!  Wen is not tested on animals - and except for the products containint honey - contain no animal by-products whatsoever.

There are other cruelty-free options, so please don't use Loreal.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

No, I don't mean Hair One at Sally's. I mean Ever Creme from Loreal, their first cleansing conditioner. I saw the ad in Good Housekeeping, the April issue with Dr. Oz on the cover. Also in this issue is an article on natural cosmetics. 100% Pure Mascara came was a very close second in their ratings of natural mascaras.

No thanks.  I only buy cruelty free products so L'oreal will never be something I use. Tweak-d is definitely a brand that is right up there with WEN in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

This is from 2012. Another old thread resurfaces

Honored Contributor

What is with the random resurrection of ancient threads? 

Anyway, I tried the L'Oreal CC before I tried Wen and I didn't like it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

There are any number of cleansing conditioners on the market, the only difference is that Chaz Dean brought it to QVC with a story.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I was very surprised to see my name as poster on a thread I didn't remember.  Of course not, its over three years old.  I thought one of the benefits of the major overhaul on this board was the old thread resurrection problem couldn't happen anymore.  IT people, please fix this.  With no dates on lists of post titles, we are going to be getting mighty testy in this happy holiday season. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ktbCA57 wrote:

If you care about cruelty-free, as I do, then you should know that Loreal tests on animals... there is no need for these tests!  Wen is not tested on animals - and except for the products containint honey - contain no animal by-products whatsoever.

There are other cruelty-free options, so please don't use Loreal.

***edeted post  for i did not notice this is an old old thread***

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I think that has been discontinued for ome time unless something else is new. None of the stores in my area within a 10 miles still sells it.  Also it is not quite a cleansing conditioner. The consistancy  feels like regular shampoo and it has a mild foam.  I still liked it  but the scent was a tad heavy

What is good is Clarol's Hair Food  Apricot Honey Cleansing Conditioner  at Target. Hard to spot for its in the same packaging as the regular conditioner but it  melts like butter in your hair and washes out well

Respected Contributor

Ooops  

I did not pay attention to the thread date.