Respected Contributor

Re: Wen ..does it really work

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I have never used it - never will.   A dear friend with beautiful hair used it for several months.  Her hair always looked greasy, not shiny.  The worst part, she developed large cysts in her scalp and the base of her neck.  The Dermatologist said it was from the Wen.

It's basically trying to cleanse your hair and scalp with conditioner.

She also started losing her hair.  She quit using it and everything cleared up. 

Speaking from the experience of my friend.  I have enough problems with my hair already. 

😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮 CYSTS???

Esteemed Contributor

I bought it for my daughter a few years ago. She has very thick and long hair, she quit using it when her hair started falling out.  I felt bad for giving it to her.

I know some say they have good results but not my family.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

To be fair, why not go over to the WEN board under My Favorite Brand. Maybe you'll get more insight from the people who are using it, and obviously loving it. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't like it either as when I use it my hair always feels so weighted, heavy and greasy.

I purchased a set of 4 several years ago and want to throw them away but I hate what I would consider "throwing away money" so I've kept mine. Occassionally I use an amount that would be about the size of 1 or 2 peas and use in my hair as a conditioner only.

Honored Contributor

I have tried it a few times in the past and always thought I must be doing something wrong because my scalp was itchy, my hair looked dirty the 2nd day, and my shower had a constant greasy film.

I tossed all the Wen and tried Tweak'd by Nature and have been very pleased with the results. I alternate Tweak'd with Calista Jousse Shampoo and Conditioner.

They work for me..I have shoulder length wavy blond single process color treated hair.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried it years ago. It was messy. I think the procedure he said to use in order to clean your hair was a bother. I'm going by memory, but I think you're supposed to rub it through your hair for a long time. Then comb it  through. Then rinse and repeat. Then rinse, rinse, rinse. It really didn't make my hair look better than using shampoo & conditioner. I got tired of the bother & threw it away. Now when I hear some people get greasy, damaged hair from it, I glad I didn't use it that long.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

I bought it for my daughter a few years ago. She has very thick and long hair, she quit using it when her hair started falling out.  

😖 A coworker used this product for two years, and noticed that her was becoming thin and brittle. She was sent information in the mail to participate in the class action suit, and chose to do so. Her settlement amount was $25. 

I was sure Chaz Dean would be out the door at QVC after he lost the lawsuit, but they don't want to part with big moneymakers.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Kitty Galore 

To be fair, why not go over to the WEN board under My Favorite Brand. Maybe you'll get more insight from the people who are using it, and obviously loving it. 

@Kitty Galore 

WEN forum  

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

It didn't work for me.  My hair fell out and it made my scalp itch and burn.  After 2 uses I quit.  

Valued Contributor

I only use it as a true conditioner.  I've never used it on my sclap.  I've never ordered just a bottle of WEN.  If I order Beauty with Benefits and it is in there I'll use it.  I've also had a couple people give some to me.