Occasional Contributor

I have a lot of Wen to use up (2 SHP, 2 SAM, 1 FIG, 1 613). It was working well for me, but I have recently found a lot of success with the Curly Girl method and Wen is a no no (products with silicones are not allowed). I have found another cc that I love and is Curly Girl friendly, but I still want to use the Wen in some way. I know it is great for shaving, but I'm not that hairy {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} and want to use it up faster. Has anyone tried using it as a body cleanser?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen cc as body cleanser???

Yes, that is how I use formulas that are drying to my hair Smiley Happy
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I have never used it instead of a shower gel but I suppose it would be good. I would imagine that the SHP, 613 and SAM would be better than Fig as a body cleanser. You may just continue to use Fig as a shaving cream. I don't believe that I would like Fig as a body cleanser. I don't really like the Fig scent but I can tolerate it and do use it occasionally when my hair needs the extra moisture.

Super Contributor

The 613 doesn't work for my hair (I'm strictly a TT and FIG girl). So to use up my stash of 613, I sometimes use it as a facial cleanser/mask when I'm in the shower.

Respected Contributor

If you have a dog or cat you can use it on them. I am trying to use up my stock pile of everything I have! NO MORE shopping/buying! If I find I need something I will go to a store to get it. NO MORE impulse shopping! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE....... :-)
Super Contributor

It's also great as a hand soap in the winter months. That's how I use up the formulas my hair dislikes. BTW, glad you found something that works great for your hair!
Frequent Contributor

I love 613 as a face wash. First few times I used it, it tingled quite a bit. I almost gave up on it, but my skin looked great afterwards. Now I consistently use it and my skin is used to it and looks and feels great.
Honored Contributor

I use which ever CC I'm using as a body wash. My skin loves it, makes it very soft.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Drythe said:

I use which ever CC I'm using as a body wash. My skin loves it, makes it very soft.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Same with me - and this winter I've been using Fig as a body wash more often. Works great. Also have been using 613 as a facial wash for close to a year and my skin is looking really good.

Esteemed Contributor

FYI, the founder of the CG method denounced silicones and other effective products so she could come out with her own line of products.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.