Honored Contributor

Wen - are there any particular CCs you shouldn't use on hair that's been colored recently?

I thought I'd read either in this forum, or heard Chaz mention, that you shouldn't use TT or CA cleansing conditioner on recently colored hair.

Could someone clarify this for me? With regard to Wen products, what are the do's and don'ts for recently colored hair? ThanksSmiley Happy

-- bebe Smile

Contributor

Re: Wen - are there any particular CCs you shouldn't use on hair that's been colored recently?

Don't use TT. It pulled my color out quickly.

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen - are there any particular CCs you shouldn't use on hair that's been colored recently?

CA is Wen's most clarifying and astringent cc. I wouldn't use it on freshly colored hair.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for asking this Bebe. I would also like to know, since I do color my hair every 4-5 weeks.

Super Contributor

I have never heard it and never had a problem with TT CC after I color my hair. Actually I use it to wash out the color.

Honored Contributor

I've never heard that before. I don't use WEN to cleanse after I rinse my color out, but I usually use it the next morning. I've been using WEN for over 3 years now and Tea Tree for one year. I've never noticed any difference in my color from one CC to the next. I use drugstore reds and my color fades over time no matter what I do, but I've never seen my color come off on my had while I washed my hair nor have I seen any color was down the drain. I used to when I used shampoo, but not now.

Super Contributor

613 seems to lighten my color even if I wait a week or more after coloring.
Super Contributor

I think all color lightens no matter what product you use on it. One of the things I love about WEN is that I don't have to cleanse more often than every 2-3 days, so my color stays brighter longer.

I use TT, Fig, and 613, mostly, with good results. My biggest problem right now is that my hair is growing a lot faster so my gray comes in sooner! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

It's funny you mentioned this. I've had to return two bottles of Wen because my color didn't last long AT ALL. The first was Cucumber Aloe. The second was the most recent TSV, the tea tree. I wish had someone told me before, because I thought all of it was good for color treated hair.

Normally, I use the Pomegranate and seasonals and can tell a HUGE difference when I tried both of those.

Contributor

Tea tree..I love the stuff , but it pulls my color right out and alot faster than other formulas