Respected Contributor

Re: Wen and hair falling out

On 7/28/2014 okiebug said:
On 7/28/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 7/28/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/28/2014 Drythe said:

NC Bandwagon,

As okiebug says, this is an <em>old</em> post from a first time poster which was just <em>re-posted</em> today by yet a second poster who simply <em>reposted</em> it <em>without</em> even adding any any comments or questions of his / her <em>own</em>. Excuse the italics, but those are the salient points and the reason for my 'let it die' comment.

I know you've been on the boards long enough to have seen this behavior before.

Haven't seen any 'trolling' like this happen on your NC Bandwagon thread. Isn't that great?

I'm sorry if I said anything I shouldn't have. I really wasn't referring to the OP. I meant the new poster who posted here. I don't think she wanted to start trouble. She may have found this thread via a search engine. The thread I started really isn't my thread. It belongs to anyone who wants to post about that product they used.

and you seem to only post on the negative wen posts, NC. I still feel your motives are suspect.

I'm not doing that. There's another WEN thread that said there's free shipping at Chaz's website and I said I thought it was nice of Chaz to do that, and that QVC should copy more vendors that give free shipping and offer more variety. And on another thread, I said I was glad that someone got their WEN hair back after it had been acting up. And another time, I mentioned to someone that the Summer Honey Peach scent for WEN was back and it had free shipping, too. Though, I should've paid better attention because some else posted that info and I only just noticed it after posted what I did.

Please don't feel that way about me. I promise I wasn't saying anything bad about WEN, Chaz or the people that use it. I just wanted to tell that person who's hair was having trouble that maybe they should stop using WEN since it's not working out for them and to not worry because their hair really might grow back. But if WEN does work for the people that it works for, then I'm glad for them.

You may feel you are supporting an underdog, but you are coming across as trying to police the WEN forum. You say you aren't saying anything bad about WEN or the people that use it, yet your posts are always "correcting" what you perceive as our errors in judgment.

That's not it at all. I'm not trying to police anything or anyone. I'm not. I even wished Chaz a happy birthday when someone started a birthday thread for Chaz. I never did or said anything bad to you or people that like WEN. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

No one appreciates being corrected all the time, especially by someone who has no interested in the topic.

Respected Contributor

NC Bandwagon, as I stated above:

You may feel you are supporting an underdog, but you are coming across as trying to police the WEN forum. You say you aren't saying anything bad about WEN or the people that use it, yet your posts are always "correcting" what you perceive as our errors in judgment. No one appreciates being corrected all the time, especially by someone who has no interested in the topic.

I have no interest in WEN, but I don't mind congratulating them when it works for their hair or such. I wasn't even correcting anyone. All I said to the other poster was that I'm sorry their hair fell out, I said their hair might grow back and I said to some others let's not be too quick to jump on someone because they experienced hair loss from WEN, even if their post count was low. I'm not sure how much nicer I should've said it.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Respected Contributor

You may feel you are supporting an underdog, but you are coming across as trying to police the WEN forum. You say you aren't saying anything bad about WEN or the people that use it, yet your posts are always "correcting" what you perceive as our errors in judgment. No one appreciates being corrected all the time, especially by someone who has no interested in the topic.

I have no interest in WEN, but I don't mind congratulating them when it works for their hair or such. I wasn't even correcting anyone. All I said to the other poster was that I'm sorry their hair fell out, I said their hair might grow back and I said to some others let's not be too quick to jump on someone because they experienced hair loss from WEN, even if their post count was low. I'm not sure how much nicer I should've said it.

I already posted that Wen or any hair product can cause hair loss because of an allergic reaction, similar to an allergic reaction to skin care products. If someone only posted a couple of times you would have to conclude that they are just trying to cause trouble and starting negative threads about Wen. My advice was that it could be an allergic reaction to the products.

Honored Contributor

Given your history regarding this issue, whether deserved or not, why not just avoid threads like this altogether? That would seem to me to be a good start in showing your neutrality. Just a thought.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Given your history regarding this issue, whether deserved or not, why not just avoid threads like this altogether? That would seem to me to be a good start in showing your neutrality. Just a thought.

I guess I should.........................but, it just seems wrong to stand by and let someone get jumped on if they haven't done anything. I know how it feels after I was verbally jumped on so, I guess I can't help by try to calm things down before they get out of hand. It was awful when all those people accused me of trying to stir things up and cause trouble when I never did. They never did say sorry and some are still suspicious of me. Don't ask me why they feel that way. I guess WEN is just too controversial to discuss for some.

Super Contributor

I guess I should.........................but, it just seems wrong to stand by and let someone get jumped on if they haven't done anything. I know how it feels after I was verbally jumped on so, I guess I can't help by try to calm things down before they get out of hand. It was awful when all those people accused me of trying to stir things up and cause trouble when I never did. They never did say sorry and some are still suspicious of me. Don't ask me why they feel that way. I guess WEN is just too controversial to discuss for some.

Re-read this ENTIRE thread and check the dates of the posts - the OP was given a lot of advice but never returned. My post was trying to explain to you why we felt the OP wasn't really wanting advice.

Respected Contributor

Re-read this ENTIRE thread and check the dates of the posts - the OP was given a lot of advice but never returned. My post was trying to explain to you why we felt the OP wasn't really wanting advice.

I know. I wasn't responding to the OP. I was responding to another poster on this thread who bumped it.

Never mind. This is going nowhere fast. I think it best if I stay out of all WEN threads. Sorry people took what I said the wrong way.

Honored Contributor

Just looking at your statement above, you clearly DO have issues with the WEN Forum - you think you were somehow wronged here "They never did say sorry."

And you feel it's your role to defend others if you think they're "getting jumped on," or to "help by trying to calm things down before they get out of hand." That is your trying to police the forum - intentional or not.

Q3 said! Given your history regarding this issue, whether deserved or not, why not just avoid threads like this altogether? That would seem to me to be a good start in showing your neutrality. Just a thought.

I agree with Q3, given your history.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Drythe said:

Just looking at your statement above, you clearly DO have issues with the WEN Forum - you think you were somehow wronged here "They never did say sorry."

And you feel it's your role to defend others if you think they're "getting jumped on," or to "help by trying to calm things down before they get out of hand." That is your trying to police the forum - intentional or not.

Q3 said! Given your history regarding this issue, whether deserved or not, why not just avoid threads like this altogether? That would seem to me to be a good start in showing your neutrality. Just a thought.

I agree with Q3, given your history.

(sighs) They jumped on me because I asked questions about WEN and accused me of things I never did. But enough of this. I know I said above that I won't be back in the WEN forum. After this post, I won't. I'll stay away from your WEN forum.