Trusted Contributor

I noticed Wen is no longer sold in Sephora.  Does anyone know when this happened?  Did it have poor sales?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Re: Wen and Sephora

[ Edited ]

I don't know when they stopped, but it probably has something to do with the fact that what they sold was the Guthy-Renker formulation of WEN, which is the formulas that were involved in the lawsuit.  Perhaps GR felt the Sephora sales staff did not do a good job explaining the proper use of the product or something, and that's why customers were unhappy and sued the company?  I don't know, maybe Sephora wasn't willing to keep selling it since GR got sued?  For whatever reason, Guthy-Renker and Sephora are no longer doing business. 

I've only ever bought my WEN from the Q, and I am a totally happy customer!  I have twice the hair I ever had before I switched, and if I could somehow take cases of WEN back to my teenaged self in a time machine, I would do it!  WEN has changed my life and boosted my self-esteem, because, for the first time in my life, I have beautiful hair.

And wow, what happened to about 5,000 posts, does QVC roll the clicker over at some point, or does it reset every time the website breaks?  And did we all register on the forum on the same day in 2010?  The Q needs better IT, fast, if they are going to manage themselves AND HSN!

Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP  You're funny.  Personally, I feel like this website is something out of the 90s, which I find ridiculous in 2017.

I'm glad you've had such a good experience with Wen and that you love your hair so much now.  I really like Wen, but I don't use it as directed.  I basically use it as my conditioner and it works well for me.  I was looking around online for the Pink Jasmine Peony scent, which I love, and that's how this topic came about.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

I know others who use WEN as a conditioner, and if my economic circumstances changed radically, I'd switch to doing that, too.  And you have a good idea, there, putting your actual sign-up day and post count into a signature.  I never kept that info, silly me, so I just let the Q mess with the data however they will.  I wonder if they will ever figure out how badly their website failures affect their sales?  I was all set to order a bunch of WEN one day last month when the on air graphics said it was all free S&H, so I went online to order, and was going to be charged S&H, and that additional charge just ruffled my feathers enough that I emptied my shopping cart and bought nothing.  Maybe instead of spending billions buying HSN they could have invested a few hundred thousand in some decent hardware, software, and IT people to run it all?