Super Contributor

Re: Wen -- Wenderful Comb!!!!!

I just pulled out the Wen comb today to use. I can tell difference. Going to play around with it some more.

Contributor

I have a wen comb from ~5 years ago that I love and I keep it in the shower. I was so excited to get a 2nd wen comb in a kids set I ordered a few months ago from QVC. However, the comb that came in the kids set is not anywhere near the quality of the original comb I got years ago. The plastic is different, it looks shinier and feels about half the weight of the original comb I got. Do you think I got a fake comb(which would be odd since it came from QVC) Or did wen change the combs?
Honored Contributor

Ok, I was just combing my hair out before heading off to bed... and I found myself thinkin'...

I love my Wen comb!!! It's making my hair look even better than with Wen CCs!!

I'm so glad that so many people who bought the re-moist are finally getting to try it!!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

You are right. I think is great!!!
Formally NewtoWen
Regular Contributor

On 3/15/2014 BeautyJunkie said: I have a wen comb from ~5 years ago that I love and I keep it in the shower. I was so excited to get a 2nd wen comb in a kids set I ordered a few months ago from QVC. However, the comb that came in the kids set is not anywhere near the quality of the original comb I got years ago. The plastic is different, it looks shinier and feels about half the weight of the original comb I got. Do you think I got a fake comb(which would be odd since it came from QVC) Or did wen change the combs?

I also have a wen comb from his website and just recently received the comb combo with the remoist and there is definitely a huge difference in the comb just like you said. It is smaller, thinner and shinier and does not seem to be same quality as what I got thru his website. I just look at it as an added bonus with the remoist but it went in my purse just in case something happens to the good one.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

On 3/21/2014 nekodaisy said:
On 3/15/2014 BeautyJunkie said: I have a wen comb from ~5 years ago that I love and I keep it in the shower. I was so excited to get a 2nd wen comb in a kids set I ordered a few months ago from QVC. However, the comb that came in the kids set is not anywhere near the quality of the original comb I got years ago. The plastic is different, it looks shinier and feels about half the weight of the original comb I got. Do you think I got a fake comb(which would be odd since it came from QVC) Or did wen change the combs?

I also have a wen comb from his website and just recently received the comb combo with the remoist and there is definitely a huge difference in the comb just like you said. It is smaller, thinner and shinier and does not seem to be same quality as what I got thru his website. I just look at it as an added bonus with the remoist but it went in my purse just in case something happens to the good one.

When I asked about the comb a while back, people described two types. I don't know if the information on that discussion is still up, but I think some said that one had rounded teeth and the other one was heavier and the teeth were different. This is my first time with it and I really like the one that came with the remoist. It's not only pretty, but it's gentle on my hair and scalp, which is a must for me. I now plan on getting two more. I read another post that there will be a really good sale on Chaz site in a couple of months, although I'm not sure if I want to wait so long.
Formally NewtoWen
Regular Contributor

OK, I had to add my two cents. WHO KNEW!!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I used my comb (that came with the re-moist), it worked great. I'm AA and to be honest, I'm very slow to use combs I see non-AA using. {#emotions_dlg.blushing} Then, this thread was started and people were going , gaga about the comb. I thought "whatever! It's just a comb. It probably won't work on my hair anyway (the models are paid pretenders- everyone knows that)"

OK, I WAS WRONG!{#emotions_dlg.wub} I never knew a comb actually felt different, good even. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I know there's a discussion about new comb vs. old comb. I can't speak to that. But, as for this one... I actually felt a difference. "I like it! I like it!(ala Mikey)"{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I just pulled my comb out of the remost set that was just delivered. A much cheaper version of the comb. I will buy more from Chaz's website if this is the version the Q will be selling.

As stated above, it's a bonus, it's not the good quality one I already have, but it's "good enough" for the gym ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I purchased my first Wen comb last December (now I have three!) and it has exceeded my expectations. I mean I thought Chaz was great and all... but what was a Wen comb really going to do. Well, it turns out, a whole lotta stuff. Here are my lastest results from using my Wen comb...

I have really thin/fine/porous frizzy hair. I clearly didn't win the genetic hair lottery, but using Wen has made my hair much healthier. Using Wen has helped tame my hair a lot, but there's only so much that it can do.

Since I've been using the Wen comb for the past six months, I've noticed that my new hair growth is less frizzy. At this point I can really see the difference between my pre-Wen comb hair and my Wen comb hair (which is the last 6-8 inches of hair growing out of my scalp). The hair that's only had the Wen comb running through it is less damaged which is resulting in happier healthier hair!!

Below are the other reasons why I like the Wen comb so much...

* When I comb my hair after washing it, there's much less breakage (down by 50%)

* The comb is saw cut instead of molded. This means that there isn't a mold line down the inside center of the comb which would rough up the hair cuticles and weaken the individual strands of hair.

* The comb glides effortlessly through wet and dry hair. It feels great against my scalp. The comb's teeth are tapered for comfort.

* One side of the comb has wider teeth and the other side has narrower teeth. The spacing on the wide side is perfect to minimize breakage. The spacing on the narrower side is perfect to provide maximum hair definition while minimizing breakage.

* From an aesthetic perspective, the comb itself is beautifully designed so it's not an eyesore in the bathroom.

-- bebe Smile

Super Contributor

I totally agree with you, bebe. I also have three combs - one in the shower, one by the sink and one in my bedroom. Years ago I bought a small wide tooth hand carved bamboo comb from a local artist that I keep in my purse. I'm glad Chaz has shared his tools with us, they make such a difference.