Valued Contributor

Wen - Styling Cream or Mousse?

My hair is BETTER after only 2 months of BGT CC. I've ordered Pom SC and have plenty of wavy/curly hair. What benefits if any have you found when adding the Mousse then lightly diffusing with dryer?? I can't stand to buy or use too many products. Thanks for any feedback!
Respected Contributor

Re: Wen - Styling Cream or Mousse?

I have always used the styling creme, but have recently started adding the mousse. I think the mousse is very light. I really don't feel like I am adding a lot more product to my hair. It adds shine and soft hold. The one thing that I notice is that it helps with frizz. It helps keep the shape of my style, but it is light and my hair still feels soft. I only use 6-8 pumps of the mousse.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

Thx Hillary we have similar hair types and I haven't used either the SC or mousse --- SC duo on its way. Maybe later the mousse. Still experimenting and regret waiting so long to ditch the sudsy shampoos! Too much damage from highlighting & wrong products. Wen rocks!
Honored Contributor

On 6/13/2014 Hilary77 said: I have always used the styling creme, but have recently started adding the mousse. I think the mousse is very light. I really don't feel like I am adding a lot more product to my hair. It adds shine and soft hold. The one thing that I notice is that it helps with frizz. It helps keep the shape of my style, but it is light and my hair still feels soft. I only use 6-8 pumps of the mousse.
Same with me. I bought both the POM and 613 mousses and have sort of left them alone (wasn't thrilled with the results - think I used too much). I've always done the SC and VTS cocktail but lately I've been applying a few pumps of mousse (613 most of the time) and like it much better.
Respected Contributor

On 6/14/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 6/13/2014 Hilary77 said: I have always used the styling creme, but have recently started adding the mousse. I think the mousse is very light. I really don't feel like I am adding a lot more product to my hair. It adds shine and soft hold. The one thing that I notice is that it helps with frizz. It helps keep the shape of my style, but it is light and my hair still feels soft. I only use 6-8 pumps of the mousse.
Same with me. I bought both the POM and 613 mousses and have sort of left them alone (wasn't thrilled with the results - think I used too much). I've always done the SC and VTS cocktail but lately I've been applying a few pumps of mousse (613 most of the time) and like it much better.
I agree with you. I think I get better results when I just use a little. I think the times I have used more is when I got the "poofy" hair. When I use less, I get nice shine, soft hold, and no frizz. It's almost like the serum, but lighter.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!