Regular Contributor

I love the volumizing treatment spray but I saw there is a texturizing spray.  Is there a difference?  I use the volumizing for styling and as a hair spray.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO the texturizing spray works more like a hair spray.  It has a slight sticky residue but not bad.  I find it holds my curls really nicely.  I apply it after the mousse and I use the treatment mist for non cleansing days.  Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Question

[ Edited ]

@imagemdwrote:

I love the volumizing treatment spray but I saw there is a texturizing spray.  Is there a difference?  I use the volumizing for styling and as a hair spray.

@imagemd  Years ago I stopped using WEN. Around that time, he introduced the Texturing Spray (that’s how he first used used it in a demo, to add texture...it’s similar to a salt spray...to do a beach wave, more textured look. The treatment spray is for moisture or 2nd day hair and the mousse is supposedly for volume. None of it worked on my curls. All the oils weighed down my hair. 

Frequent Contributor

@imagemdwrote:

Yes, the volumizing spray can work as a hair spray, the texturizing spray is his version of a beach spray. 

Robin~

Esteemed Contributor

@imagemd

WEN SIXTHIRTEEN® Volumizing Treatment Spray brings out your hair's full potential. Applied to wet hair this unique formula plumps each hair shaft and creates lasting volume. Misted over dry hair, it works as a light hold hairspray for your finished style.

https://chazdean.com/wen-sixthirteen-volumizing-treatment-spray.html

🐣           🐥              🐤           🐔            🐓

WEN SIXTHIRTEEN® Texturizing Treatment Spray is designed to create soft, naturally tousled styles that enhance the look of straight, wavy and curly hair. Exclusive four-tea and bamboo water complexes help add protection and moisture, along with strength building amino acids. Watch WEN SIXTHIRTEEN® Texturizing Treatment Spray instantly create texture and volume, all while keeping your hair beautiful, nourished and healthy.

https://chazdean.com/wen-sixthirteen-texturizing-treatment-spray.html

Honored Contributor

The Volumizing one works like hairspray, the Texturzing one is like a beachy waves spray. They're very different. I love the texturizing spray, I use on it soaking wet hair in the shower, sometimes followed by the mousse and finally the styling creme. This is the reverse method that Chaz showed on a Periscope video. I find it works better for my hair that the traditional order. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@imagemdwrote:

@imagemd  Years ago I stopped using WEN. Around that time, he introduced the Texturing Spray (that’s how he first used used it in a demo, to add texture...it’s similar to a salt spray...to do a beach wave, more textured look. The treatment spray is for moisture or 2nd day hair and the mousse is supposedly for volume. None of it worked on my curls. All the oils weighed down my hair. 

OP was asking about volumizing treatment spray, what you're referring to is the replenishing treatment mist which is for second day hair and moisture. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs momwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@imagemdwrote:

OP was asking about volumizing treatment spray, what you're referring to is the replenishing treatment mist which is for second day hair and moisture. 

@jaxs mom  Hi. Please read OP again. She also mentioned the Texturizing Spray & difference from volumizing spray. 🌺

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@jaxs momwrote:

@Shanuswrote:

@imagemdwrote:

@jaxs mom  Hi. Please read OP again. She also mentioned the Texturizing Spray & difference from volumizing spray. 🌺

And neither of those are for moisturizing second day hair, that's replenishing treatment mist.