Super Contributor

Wen Poll: Which Volumizing Treatment Spray formula do you like best?

I have LAV and it works good at my roots on wet hair but I don't like it as a finishing spray... it's too sticky or something and seems to make my hair frizzy? Finally about to reach the end of the bottle and was going to order a different formula.

I remember a discussion a long while ago and thought some said that the POM and SAM performed differently than the LAV? If you have tried different formulas which one do you prefer?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Poll: Which Volumizing Treatment Spray formula do you like best?

Hey misskkynn, happy new year. I'm fairly new to the volumizing spray but my first try was with lavender and if I over did it , it would be very sticky. I changed to POM and have only used it a few times but I haven't experienced any stickiness even if I think I may have over sprayed. I even thought I may have gotten it mixed up with the RTM. I only use it has a spray haven't tried it on wet hair. Sorry cannot be of more help.
Regular Contributor

I have only tried the lavender and felt a bit sticky also. I diluted it with a little RTM and changed the sprayer with a different bottle that sprayed a finer mist and now I like it better. Next time I plan on trying SAM. Thanks for posting this as I too have been wondering about the different formulas.
Contributor

I used the Lavender when that's all he had but switched to sweet almond mint as soon as it was available. I only use it as ""hair spray"" and mist it over my head. Think spraying perfume and then walking in to it. I have learned that less in definitely more with this. Great hold with just a few mists.
Respected Contributor

I have the VTS in Pom. I only use it like hairspray. I think it works great as a hairspray. It smells great.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

Thanks ladies! I think I might go for the POM because I do like the scent better. I really need more mousse like right NOW and prefer the SAM mousse more than 613, which I have a full bottle of ugh. I'm out of SAM mousse so was thinking I'd try the POM mousse and then get the POM VTS. Should coordinate scents ya know Smiley Happy

Now the debate is if I should wait for Chaz's visit to see if he brings us any new styling sets that have both the mousse and the VTS. So far they've had one or the other but never both together!

Super Contributor

I use it as hairspray too. I think the SAM has the strongest hold, Pom the least strong, LAV falls in the middle for me.

I like the scent of the SAM mousse and VTS best. For me, the SAM mousse holds better than Pom. In both products, the Pom scent is a little sweet for me.

Michele

Frequent Contributor

I've used all three and to me they are all the same except for the scent. I use it as a root lifter & a hairspray. I prefer the SAM scent.

Super Contributor

Has anyone used the GR version?

Super Contributor

Wow the GR ingredients are very different:

Water (Aqua), Polyester-5, EG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl OligopeptideAlthaea Officinalis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Olacera Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Algae Extract, Panthenol, Phytantriol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool

QVC/Chazdean.com ingredients:

Water, SD Alcohol, Acylates/Hydroxyesters Acrylates Copolymer Witch Hazel, Soluble Collagen (Marine Kelp), Phenyl Trimethicone, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Marsh Mallow/Althea Extract, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Carrageenan Hydrolysate, Sweet Almond Fruit Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Sunflower Seed Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Aminomethyl Propanol, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Glycerin (Plant Derived), Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate-20 (Plant Derived), Fragrance.