Contributor

Which is better for putting on the face for moisturizing?  Wen is the better deal; price wise

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Oil VS Josie Oils...

I don't know. That's a good question. You would have to reseach the benefits of all the different oils in Wen vs. the benefits of Argan oil from Josie to see what each ingredient does.

Honored Contributor

Argan oil and WEN oil are very different in that JM Argan Oil is 100% pure argan oil and WEN oil is a blend. I feel like both work well for my face, but WEN absorbs faster. WEN oils are scented and those scents can be strong, which may be a plus or a minus. If you prefer unscented products, Argan would be better for you. Rose hip seed oil offers even more moisture.

It sounds as if you care about effectiveness and cost over a brand name, so I'd recommend getting neither one and trying an oil from a local health food store or Whole Foods. You'll get more oil for the money when you aren't paying extra money for a big brand name. You can try argan oil, jojoba oil, rose hip seed oil, maracuja/passionfruit oil, sweet almond oil and more. To get the best quality, look for oil that says it's been cold pressed.

I use Josie Maran Argan Oil, WEN oils (several), Tarte Maracuja oil, rose hip seed oil from Aura Cacia, and many other carrier and essential oils. I think they're all very good and have favorites for different times or uses. I experimented with many different oils to find the ones that I like best, so you may want to try a few out before deciding on the oil(s) you like best. 

Honored Contributor

I forgot about the fragrance in the Wen oils. They do smell good. I would not want that on my face all the time. I prefer fragrance free products for my face.

Contributor

Thank you so much for your detailed response; it is greatly appreciated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

I forgot about the fragrance in the Wen oils. They do smell good. I would not want that on my face all the time. I prefer fragrance free products for my face.

I really like the Tea Tree and Eucalyptus for my face and love to massage that and the Sweet Almond Peppermint oil into my forehead, temples, and cheeks when I have a sinus headache. It's very soothing and those oils are good for a sinus headache. 

The seasonal oils are strongly scented and I don't use those on my face.

Honored Contributor

I don't use the Wen oils on my face, he adds too many things like eucalyptus, mint and other strong essential oils that I find irritate my upper respiratory system. I like pure argan oil and do use the Josie Maran ones on my face. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval