Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have never, ever considered using Wen, but when I got a big old sample of Dean's Cleansing Conditioner in my Beauty with Benefits freebie kit, I'm like, why not? I'll give it a try. So I skim the ingredients for stuff I might be allergic to and I come to menthol, which is a horrible, horrible skin irritant. I figure it's just my luck of the draw that I get one that contains an ingredient I can't use, but then I begin to wonder, why in the world you you add it to Fall Fresh Apple? After all minty freshness isn't the first flavoring you'd pick to go with Mom's apple pie, right? So I looked up the ingredients to about 5 different flavors of Dean's signature product and they all have menthol. Really Dean? So that's your big trade secret, is to give folks a minty tingle so that they think their hair is being cleansed properly? 

I recently gave a 4 pack of Tweak'd by Nature Rare Treasures a try, and I thought they were so-so in the cleansing department, but boy, do they make great after shampoo conditioners! And no menthol or mint in one of them! 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I stopped using it years ago when it completely clogged my shower drain.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Dean's?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Nananana59 wrote:

Dean's?

Chaz Dean. It's his last name. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen. No, Just No.

[ Edited ]

When I wash my hair, I want to see the suds, then I know my hair are clean.

Do you know that this WEN in Europe, it a brand unkown?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

I have never, ever considered using Wen, but when I got a big old sample of Dean's Cleansing Conditioner in my Beauty with Benefits freebie kit, I'm like, why not? I'll give it a try. So I skim the ingredients for stuff I might be allergic to and I come to menthol, which is a horrible, horrible skin irritant. I figure it's just my luck of the draw that I get one that contains an ingredient I can't use, but then I begin to wonder, why in the world you you add it to Fall Fresh Apple? After all minty freshness isn't the first flavoring you'd pick to go with Mom's apple pie, right? So I looked up the ingredients to about 5 different flavors of Dean's signature product and they all have menthol. Really Dean? So that's your big trade secret, is to give folks a minty tingle so that they think their hair is being cleansed properly? 

I recently gave a 4 pack of Tweak'd by Nature Rare Treasures a try, and I thought they were so-so in the cleansing department, but boy, do they make great after shampoo conditioners! And no menthol or mint in one of them! 

It's a free gift. No. Need. To. Rant.

Throw it out or gift it to someone

did you also analyze all of the labels from the other gift items? Everything else is 'acceptable' to you???

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Wen. No, Just No.

[ Edited ]

I have been using WEN for years and I love it.  Whenever I try anything else, it does not compare and my hair is a tangled mess, even with using a conditioner.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Lots of people have tried Wen and decided they didn’t like it as much as they thought they would.  It’s good to get the feedback.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Out of everything in the ingredient deck all you could find to rant about was MENTHOL?  Funny how that HORRIBLE irritant is swallowed by cough and cold sufferers on a daily basis and coughdrops are still on the market.  Granted it's too much for some but If that is the worst thing in it,  that Ain't so bad. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

my issue was that they did not include a pump to go along with the bottle.

for those who are trying it for the first time and may not have another pump to use, this was a poor decision.

"If everything around you seems dark, look again. You may be the light." - Rumi