Esteemed Contributor

Just wanted to add - I don't like Nick Chavez products. But no one will ever catch me post about this anywhere, and certainly not on a thread where his followers discuss them.

I just do not buy these products, and that's enough for me. I would not have the time in my day to post about my dislikes, or disrespect in my heart for people, who love and enjoy Nick Chavez products.

Blowing off someone's candle, certainly does not make mine shine any brighter.

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

No one has made fun of hair loss. They have pointed out that it's not rational to expect a product to be pulled just because you had a reaction to it. Which is what the OP was about, her shock that QVC is selling a product that presumably didn't work for her.

@jaxs mom

The comment I was making reference to has since been poofed by the mods. It was mean.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I am wondering why anyone would chastise anyone for hair loss. No matter what the reason, some people believe that wen caused the loss. That may be, maybe not. People used the product thinking it would help and it didn't, their hair thinned and/or fell out.

Having lost my hair at 19 due to chemotherapy, I can attest to  how traumatic it can be.

So the next time those who ardently defend  wen and it's dude. Perhaps you might think about what hair loss can do a woman's psyche. Even if you are prepared to lose hair, as I was, it wasn't easy. Thankfully my hair came back and then some, I felt I was lucky to be alive whether I had hair or not. That was years ago, but I still can feel the sting.

Perhaps wen will play out in the courts and who knows, it just might not be the panacea those think it is. Imagine that.

I don't think anyone here is being unkind regarding hair loss. What I am seeing are people who want evidence ....clinical evidence before jumping to conclusions and ruining someone's business based on anecdotal evidence.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I am wondering why anyone would chastise anyone for hair loss. No matter what the reason, some people believe that wen caused the loss. That may be, maybe not. People used the product thinking it would help and it didn't, their hair thinned and/or fell out.

Having lost my hair at 19 due to chemotherapy, I can attest to  how traumatic it can be.

So the next time those who ardently defend  wen and it's dude. Perhaps you might think about what hair loss can do a woman's psyche. Even if you are prepared to lose hair, as I was, it wasn't easy. Thankfully my hair came back and then some, I felt I was lucky to be alive whether I had hair or not. That was years ago, but I still can feel the sting.

Perhaps wen will play out in the courts and who knows, it just might not be the panacea those think it is. Imagine that.

I don't think anyone here is being unkind regarding hair loss. What I am seeing are people who want evidence ....clinical evidence before jumping to conclusions and ruining someone's business based on anecdotal evidence.

@Trinity11 I will repeat, the post I referred to has been thankfully poofed, it was mean or as they said "unkind" and it was.

Trusted Contributor

@wine&roses wrote:

I'm surprised to see that Wen is still promoted on QVC. I've had thinning and loss of hair from using the product for the last several years. The thinner my hair got, the more product I slathered on, thinking I was helping the problem. Not! I contacted Wen twice and never received any response from them. Not even their disclaimer statement. I read someone else's comment about using what product I had left, as a cream for shaving my legs and that seems appropriate. If the hair on my legs falls out, it's fine. 

This makes a lot of sense and there's nothing irrational about using a product, for the last several years, that caused thinning and loss of hair.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

@Trinity11 I will repeat, the post I referred to has been thankfully poofed, it was mean or as they said "unkind" and it was.

@Jacie, I'm sorry....I didn't get to read it. No matter what,  no one should need to insult anyone here to get their point across.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

No one has made fun of hair loss. They have pointed out that it's not rational to expect a product to be pulled just because you had a reaction to it. Which is what the OP was about, her shock that QVC is selling a product that presumably didn't work for her.

@jaxs mom

The comment I was making reference to has since been poofed by the mods. It was mean.

Oh, I guess I must have missed it. No problem. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11

No worries! No harm no foul, you know how it can get ! LOL! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Just wanted to add - I don't like Nick Chavez products. But no one will ever catch me post about this anywhere, and certainly not on a thread where his followers discuss them.

I just do not buy these products, and that's enough for me. I would not have the time in my day to post about my dislikes, or disrespect in my heart for people, who love and enjoy Nick Chavez products.

Blowing off someone's candle, certainly does not make mine shine any brighter.

@sonechko I totally agree. I don't like his products I've tried and mostly I've said so is when someone has asked about peoples' experience with certain products of his that I have tried (or like in response to a post like yours in order to make a point about the oddity of hating WEN but continually posting about it, especially on the WEN forums where you know it is mainly for those that enjoy the product) but even then I don't always comment. I wouldn't hang out on the Nick Chavez thread if there was one and post as many times as I could about how I don't like his products, the way some do with WEN. It is such a strange phenomenon!

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Exactly. It really bothers me when some people continually ignore that fact and just go on the attack saying we are making fun of people with hair loss or disregarding their claims of hair loss (regardless of the reason for it). Most here are simply saying why not just stop using it? Who continues to use products that cause any kind of ADVERSE reaction, whether it be skincare, haircare, or even food or who thinks that products that have been around a long time and work for hundreds of thousands of people should be pulled for some that have had reactions? It is just so asinine and if this were done, the shelves at our stores would be virtually empty because there is not a single product that hasn't caused some people to have reactions!