Respected Contributor

Re: Wen -- Do you see a big difference in your hair from when you were using regular shampoo?

I started using WEN in 09'. I loved it. I had very long hair. Soft, shiny, healthy hair, no more tangles, etc.... In 11' I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata. NOT WEN RELATED! Now I have to use regular shampoo and LOTS of conditioner. The Menthol in WEN irritates the sensitive bald spots that Alopecia causes. If WEN would offer some products (besides the Kids Formula ~ Don't like the Scents) without the Menthol, I would be using it again.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Occasional Contributor

Re: Wen -- Do you see a big difference in your hair from when you were using regular shampoo?

WEN user since October 2011. My approach as I started..."IF this stuff does what it says it does, I'll grow my hair out again." My hair was chin-length then...approaching waist-length now. Yeah, it worked. Smiley Happy

What I've noticed...
*No split ends. Nada. I had my ends dusted in December, fourteen months after the last cut. Not because I had any ends that needed clipped-just to even things up a little.

*More slip in my hair-wet or dry. Fewer tangles. No hair wrapped around my necklace.

*No breakage. Less shedding. New hair growth.

*The natural wave in my hair has transitioned. Most days I have sausage curls. And the wave/curl starts higher.

*I actually wear my hair down. When my hair was long before, it was always in a bun, braid, clip, or ponytail. Now, it's usually down. It just feels so nice that I want to play with it. Yes, even two plus years later.

*People comment on my hair. Not just people I know - strangers do it too. When I started my current job, a woman I work with would comment on my hair constantly. One day we started talking and discovered we're both WEN girls. Her response? "I should have known because your hair is just gorgeous." I'll take ego boosts like that any day. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely. My hair is now the longest it's been since HS and that was a very long time ago. When I started using WEN I was having major health issues so I was losing hair and was at wits end. Part of it was stress, part meds and part the actual illness. Lord knows where my hair would be without Wen. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to have my hair this long ever again. I don't lose color anymore at all which was another big problem. I lighten my hair blonde so it was very obvious when I lost color. I have not one split end, none nada. My hair is also behaved now, little to no frizzys and the ones I get are from the weather. I didn't realize it but my hair has grown way past my shoulders (probably 6 inches) and I just asked my DD if I should trim it, NO was her response.
Frequent Contributor

Oh my gosh, YES. Just the other day I felt like my hair was greasier than normal, so I used my daughter's regular shampoo. She took one look at me when I walked in the door, wrinkled her nose, and said, "What did you do to your hair? Did you use shampoo? It looks bad!" Lol... it was frizzy. My usual Wen hair is gorgeous. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Super Contributor

The main difference that I noticed right away was that I could comb through my hair, it felt like silk and didn't knot up and snarl. I also liked the scent so I was sold before it even dried.

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I started using WEN September 2012, my birthday present to myself. Oh yes, very big difference. And my DH noticed the difference right away. I work with the public and regular clients commented on my hair. People still ask to touch my curls cuz they just look great, not like the dry fuzzy mess that was pre-WEN. And the curly girls want to know how to get the same look.

I use fig, some 613, styling creme, serum, oil, mousse or gel, plop my hair for 15 minutes then air dry. No dryers, no curling irons, no flat irons - just the natural look. Everything works really well for me. My hair is no longer frizzy. My curls last, and I can even go a week if necessary. Every morning after showering I just run wet hands through my curls and ready to go. My curls last all day, no need for a redo if going out for dinner.

My DH loves Fig and TT. Next I plan to try the Wen pets for my fur baby.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Once I started using Wen, it was really easy to comb through my freshly cleansed hair. -- No more tangles!!!

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Wen has done great things for my hair. Using Wen just makes me happy (like that ""Happy"" song performed at this year's Oscars). I feel like I've just been pampered at an expensive spa. I love so many of the scents that Chaz creates. I can't wait to find out what's coming up for the fall and winter.

-- bebe

Respected Contributor

I first met Wen seeing the infomercial with Miss Gilbert with Chaz while I was on a quest for something to fix my over processed coloring, extremely damaged, dull, fanned out in frizz, just completely awful hair. I had box fulls of deep conditioners which worked the first time use but my hair was still in a bad way. While watching the infomercial, I thought....THAT'S FOR ME!!!! I did not care that it did not later. You know what made me try it? I heard Chaz say to her, "If you could cleanse your hair and not strip it wouldn't you?" I immediately decided right then and there I'm trying it. I goofed and thought it didn't work for me but I slowed down and read the @#@$%^ manual and WOW!!! From that day on for four years straight now I've been a Wen girl. My hair was down to my waist. I had to cut off all the damage up to the bottom of my ears. I've cut it a few times after too and now it's back down to my waist and no damage. I don't color anymore and I don't use flat irons. I use Wen and a blow dryer and I don't use high hot setting. I have NO split ends and it has this shine I've not seen since I was a youngster. I've heard people say they never had nice hair but my hair was really nice when I was young. I'd just wash and go. After years of covering white hairs and using the s word it just went down. I will never go back. If I could not obtain Wen, I'd use baking soda mixed with vinegar or something. Shampoo destroyed my hair, really. Now, if every other company would put the quality in their products like Chaz does we'd have it made.

Regular Contributor

I tried WEN quite a few years ago, but had a love/hate relationship with it. I finally figured out what the problem was. I was trying to use the wrong formula. I started out with Lavender because that was listed as volumizing. My initial experience with it was good, but the results didn't last. I moved on the SAM because that was supposed to be universal. Again, it was just ok. I tried CA, nope. POM was nice, but I hated the smell. I really wanted this to work. I tried other seasonals and really liked them with Fall Ginger Pumpkin being one of my all time favs. It wasn't until I tried TT that I achieved long lasting results and success. Now, I use TT as my first cleanse and a seasonal for my second cleanse. Easy Peasy. This worked. BTW, I cannot use the Kids. Go figure. In all of this I never tried Fig because I thought it was for coarse hair, which mine is not (I am going to try it though because you never know).

I could never achieve the bouncy, soft, healthy hair I have now with regular shampoo. My hair was a dry, hot mess before WEN.

So, it was a learning curve for me, not so much in HOW to use the WEN, but WHICH WEN to use.

I would compare it to earning the game of Mah Jongg, complicated to learn, but so much fun to play once you do.